• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any bbq guys here competiton or backyarders ? no gas talk please.

That filing cabinet is sweet! I cook exclusively with wood, Hickory, Pecan, Oak Wild Cherry sometimes Peach or apple. I do not think I would be in for a competition due to my agoraphobia but good luck codyology!

A hell of a lot of work and pretty expensive too. Team name was Aporkalypse Now. Pretty much stick to cooking for family and friends and the occasional catering now and then. I use a couple of BGE's and prefer pecan for ribs and shoulder with a vidalia onion thrown in just for the smell. A few pics....

Tri-tip which is glorious for those that haven't tried it.

i196.photobucket.com_albums_aa39_tkel2114_GREEN_20EGG_20COOKS_DSCF3283.jpg
[/URL]

Some ribs at the Pork at the Fort competition...

i196.photobucket.com_albums_aa39_tkel2114_GREEN_20EGG_20COOKS_DSCF3506.jpg
[/URL]

My set up....

and a random butt from a previous cook.

If your from Texas then mesquite

Amen to that! (and BBQ is beef!) I keep a stack of mesquite at my house I've hauled up from Texas, it took me 8 years of living in Ga before I tried charcoal. I cook almost exclusively on mesquite. I don't have any pictures of the tow behind pit I had growing up but it was awesome. Now I've got a keg shell that's been cut in half, so I just have to split my wood into smaller pieces.

In winder, barrow county there is the jug tavern festival going on this weekend. There's a BBQ cook off. Went last year it was real good. Several competition venders and backyarders out there.

Back
Top Bottom