• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any bbq guys here competiton or backyarders ? no gas talk please.

Codyology

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
Are there any bbq competitors here even backyarders chime in. No gas talk here please unless it goes in your truck.

I'm a fan of the overnight smokes. Sitting outside at 3am sweet smell of the blue smoke rolling out of the smoker. Kicked back in a fold out chair. Listening to crickets. Just chaseing the ol' smoke ring.

The force that drives the addiction
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20121118_211413_1.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130414_194511.jpg

So I've been smoking for years decided what the heck and do a competition. It's a kcbs event so lots of rule reading. Im only doing the backyard section to start out it involves chicken and ribs for turnin's. Plus the chicken wing challenge and people's choice pork.
I over think everything ahead of time.

They are providing the boston butt and chicken wings for the challenges so that saves money but I'm very selective when it comes to the meat that hits my smokers.

Banner I've sort of put together. The team name is a odd one but its a very funny story behind it.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130725_154907_2.jpg

One of the concocations I've put together.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130721_172350.jpg

Now that piece of meat look good. I am a fan of the smoker, also. I made my living cooking and selling BBQ a few years ago, I owned a little place in Bogart called Peanuts Red-neck Bar-B-Q for a while.

Are there any bbq competitors here even backyarders chime in. No gas talk here please unless it goes in your truck.

I'm a fan of the overnight smokes. Sitting outside at 3am sweet smell of the blue smoke rolling out of the smoker. Kicked back in a fold out chair. Listening to crickets. Just chasing the ol' smoke ring.

Dude I miss that more than you can imagine, divorce and a move into an apartment for the last year and a half has totally screwed up my BBQ time...good cigar, staring at the moon and tending the coals, good times.

Nice lookin Q

Last edited:
my dad loves to BBQ. he even traded work for a Primos Oval XL with the stainless cart from the guy the owns primos lol. we used to have a big green egg, the primos kicks its ass though lol. can do anything and everything in that. all the differant racks/heights and can use a divider to put the charcoal on one side so you have a hot/cold side in the smoker. so nice. i dont do any special sauces/rubs. im a mix and matcher lol, usually use a soy sauce base for everything and throw stuff in, never had any complaints lol.

he is on a sodium free diet for health issues, so all his sauces and stuff are sodium free (no salt). and pretty much no salt/sodium in anything else he uses. he has gotten pretty good with it, you can not tell a differance between his stuff and regular sauces/rubs.

Back
Top Bottom