• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any AK Builders out there?

bigt61

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
193   1
Reaction score
I'm getting more and more interested in the idea of building my own AK.

Any builders out there that could offer support/advice/ show me how to get one together?

I'm extremely mechanically inclined, so that helps lol.

AK-Builder.com

There are also some good videos on youtube. You need a hydraulic press and random hand tools. I was looking into this recently but after finding the demilled kits and what they sell for it is more cost effective to just buy an assembled one.

This guy looks like a total tool and there are a lot of stupid things in the video but he does it and he makes valid points when doing it. I would do things differently but he teaches the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are other ways to press the barrel in and out without a 20 ton press, I'm currently looking at getting the tooling to do a build that way, and making a video of it. I'll also be using modified bolt cutters instead of a rivet gun, but it won't be for a while, I need to get the equipment first.
Here is the first in a video series also worth looking at. I also have a Romanian PSL build series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a kit yet?

No, not yet, but I will be getting a bonus soon, which will be spent on gun stuff lol. Just doing some research at this point/getting opinions/seeing if there's any experienced help around these parts lol.

Back
Top Bottom