• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another truck we will never see...

Who cares where trucks are made? I think the point you're missing is as an American company we should be getting the truck. Who cares where its assembled? Why Ford doesn't release the mid-size truck to compete with the new Colorado and the other Japanese trucks is puzzling to me. The Ranger used to be the #1 selling compact truck for a long time.
I agree that a mid-size truck would be nice, but "as an American company we should be getting the truck" does not hold water. It is there business "we" do not deserve every product they make just because we live in the same country they are incorporated in. Ford has been making special models for Europe and Asia for decades. They probably know what they are doing. Also they may change their mind, as they did with the Cortina (Capri) in the '70s and the Sierra (Merkur) in the 80's

I agree that a mid-size truck would be nice, but "as an American company we should be getting the truck" does not hold water. It is there business "we" do not deserve every product they make just because we live in the same country they are incorporated in. Ford has been making special models for Europe and Asia for decades. They probably know what they are doing. Also they may change their mind, as they did with the Cortina (Capri) in the '70s and the Sierra (Merkur) in the 80's

Sure there are companies that make different vehicles for different markets in the world. I'm not saying we deserve "every product". This isn't a case of wanting Nissan to bring the R34 to the states. This is a case of Ford used to sell the Ranger in the US but for some reason, maybe it was overlay or encroachment into F-150 territory, and now they have a new model coming out in other markets but I think it would be great to have it here again. Like you said its their business, they can do whatever they want but personally I think that "we" should get the Ranger as well.

Did someone say Merkur?

My mom had one of those back in the late '80's and once the turbo spooled up it was pretty cool. Independent suspension. Leather. Oh, the days...

www.fordsierranet.com.ar_Fotos_merkurxr4tialt.jpg

Oh, and don't forget the bi-plane rear spoiler.

Different ways of measuring fuel mileage...but you're right. Diesel Polos in Germany routinely got 50+MPG.

My Golf TDI will do that easily on the highway and it puts out almost 300 ft/lbs tq (definitely isn't stock). I would love that in a small truck. I also have a 99 ranger with a 4 cylinder that can barely break 20 mpg and is an absolute dog.

My Golf TDI will do that easily on the highway and it puts out almost 300 ft/lbs tq (definitely isn't stock). I would love that in a small truck. I also have a 99 ranger with a 4 cylinder that can barely break 20 mpg and is an absolute dog.

If I get a non-Challenger car it will be a TDI. Just need to get over the while wiping cams thing

Back
Top Bottom