• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Android to iPhone

All right guy I appreciate all the comments and recommendations, I am going to think on it a while. My wife went from samsung to iPhone and loves.

I've used mobile phones (like most here) since 1990. My first "smart phone" I built up myself using an IPAQ tethered to a Motorola Timeport on Sprint's CDMA network.

Never owned an Apple phone, GF and her daughter use them and Ipads.

I just ditched a piece of shyte Nokia 7.1 and bit the bullet and bought a Samsung S20 5g. I have always liked Samsung phones using Android.
I just picked up a Samsung S20FE (first Samsung) and its a nice piece of gear. Don't like the interface nearly as well as my Moto Z4 (pure Android), but Lenovo broke my Z4's Bluetooth & WiFi calling with their Covid Tracing firmware "update" and are not interested in fixing an 18 month old model.

The Chinese have ruined Motorola.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

So- Android- Extra built in storage slot, takes extra memory. My Note 9 currently has 128 GB on board and a 256 GB card in it, never run out of storage.

I can also load my own music, movies, presentations, etc to my phone directly.

Apple- EVERYTHING has to go through their ecosystem. They get a cut/see what you have.

I am the only one in my family to not be on an iphone. Love it!

So- Android- Extra built in storage slot, takes extra memory. My Note 9 currently has 128 GB on board and a 256 GB card in it, never run out of storage.

I can also load my own music, movies, presentations, etc to my phone directly.

Apple- EVERYTHING has to go through their ecosystem. They get a cut/see what you have.

I am the only one in my family to not be on an iphone. Love it!

This. I have to load Contract Drawings on my phone so if I have a question in the field, I can look it up. More times than not, I do not have service to be able to download from the cloud. When i had a company iPhone, i would have to delete and load new plans constantly, not so with my Note 10.

I have both. My personal phone is an android and my work phone is an I-phone. The android surfs the internet better. The I phone has slightly stupid crap of randomly requiring you to log in. The I-phone messaging is not quite as friendly and voice to text struggles with words like F$$% Truck. Android is easier for apps. The difference is not huge but there is some interface difference. My apple is faster reading QR codes.

Back
Top Bottom