• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ALL GUNS SHOULD BE GLOCKS AND ALL GLOCKS 9mm?

I think the Glock 19/23/32 model is hard to beat. Unless you prefer all metal pistols. And unless you like DA/SA triggers. And unless you prefer to carry cocked/locked. And unless you prefer better than average ergonomics. But other than that, they can't be beat.

Yeah, as far as caliber debate. I have heard other things from him about how there is hardly a difference (as he mentioned in video) between calibers effectiveness now. Hmmm...
Exactly. I personally carry a 9mm shield and I would certainly trust my life with it. SD ammo these days is much more advanced then it was 5 yrs ago and I can't afford to spend a ton of money to shoot 45acp. I have 2 kids and a wife with expensive taste, so my preferences have been placed on the back burner..(palm to face)

Last edited:
I think the Glock 19/23/32 model is hard to beat. Unless you prefer all metal pistols. And unless you like DA/SA triggers. And unless you prefer to carry cocked/locked. And unless you prefer better than average ergonomics. But other than that, they can't be beat.
Well said sir! Well said

I used to own and stock up on (for pistols) 22lr, 38spl, 9mm, 40cal, 45 ACP.
I got tired of so many different calibers to purchase and carry around.

I like 9mm because of the following reasons.
A. It's fairly cheap and plentiful.
B. I can shot it well (recoil etc).
C. It allows me to have a fairly large magazine. I would rather carry 15 -9mm than 7 - 45ACP.

I like Glock, G19 specifically because....
A. I am my most accurate with it. (had an FNP9, had a SigPro9, have a MP9, have a PF9, and Beretta92)
B. I like the factory trigger the best.
C. I like the factory site the best for one handed racking of the slide.
D. I like the high capacity mag. (see ammo reason)
E. The factory is here in Smyrna so I can drive there anytime I want for service.
F. The G19 size is the right fit for my holster of choice and how I carry.
G. It's not an expensive gun so I don't worry about wear and scratches (like with a $1k+ Kimber or Colt).

Don't get me wrong, I LIKED all my other pistols (except for 22lr pistols) but the Glock was the best overall choice for me. The MP9 does fit my hand the best though from the grip perspective. But as far as something I carry everyday and trust 100%. Glock 19.

I used to own and stock up on (for pistols) 22lr, 38spl, 9mm, 40cal, 45 ACP.
I got tired of so many different calibers to purchase and carry around.

I like 9mm because of the following reasons.
A. It's fairly cheap and plentiful.
B. I can shot it well (recoil etc).
C. It allows me to have a fairly large magazine. I would rather carry 15 -9mm than 7 - 45ACP.

I like Glock, G19 specifically because....
A. I am my most accurate with it. (had an FNP9, had a SigPro9, have a MP9, have a PF9, and Beretta92)
B. I like the factory trigger the best.
C. I like the factory site the best for one handed racking of the slide.
D. I like the high capacity mag. (see ammo reason)
E. The factory is here in Smyrna so I can drive there anytime I want for service.
F. The G19 size is the right fit for my holster of choice and how I carry.
G. It's not an expensive gun so I don't worry about wear and scratches (like with a $1k+ Kimber or Colt).

Don't get me wrong, I LIKED all my other pistols (except for 22lr pistols) but the Glock was the best overall choice for me. The MP9 does fit my hand the best though from the grip perspective. But as far as something I carry everyday and trust 100%. Glock 19.

Thanks for sharing. I have been considering a g19. Looking more desirable haha

Thanks for sharing. I have been considering a g19. Looking more desirable haha

Go shoot as many as you can though. Pay attention to each one and make notes if you need to. Which feels best, which is more accurate so on and so on. Also (though for the Glock it likely doesn't matter, hasn't for me) but buy a box of each different type of ammo that you can. Then fire each through your gun to make sure it doesn't jam. I started doing this with my AR's. You hear that some AR's are finicky about ammo, I saw it happen with an MSAR, with certain ammo it jams. So I bought like 16 different brands, grain ammo and ran them all through my AR to make sure it wouldn't jam. Like sometimes you hear horror stories about non-brass cased ammo. My Rock River AR and Glock LOVE ALL ammo. My buddies MSAR, doesn't like some ammo. So I swapped ammo with him.

As a side note. I have multiple G19's so that I don't need to stock extra mags for various weapons. My extra mags fit any G19 I need. I would have a MINIMUM of 5 mags for my EDC. I am not saying carry all 5 but to have 5. I keep extras in my various vehicles for example.

Lastly when you have a gun you like. Go take a class or 3. I recommend Coup De Main or Protective Measures. During class is a GOOD time to use your various ammos. Plus if it does jam you get extra training on malfunction clearing and mag changes. : )

EDIT - at class take a couple different holsters if you want to, to try. I use an OWB SerpaII.
EDIT II - don't be afraid (embarrassed) to buy some dummy rounds and practice drawing and dry firing at home.

ALWAYS PRACTICE YOUR SAFETY RULES FIRST .

Last edited:
Go shoot as many as you can though. Pay attention to each one and make notes if you need to. Which feels best, which is more accurate so on and so on. Also (though for the Glock it likely doesn't matter, hasn't for me) but buy a box of each different type of ammo that you can. Then fire each through your gun to make sure it doesn't jam. I started doing this with my AR's. You hear that some AR's are finicky about ammo, I saw it happen with an MSAR, with certain ammo it jams. So I bought like 16 different brands, grain ammo and ran them all through my AR to make sure it wouldn't jam. Like sometimes you hear horror stories about non-brass cased ammo. My Rock River AR and Glock LOVE ALL ammo. My buddies MSAR, doesn't like some ammo. So I swapped ammo with him.

As a side note. I have multiple G19's so that I don't need to stock extra mags for various weapons. My extra mags fit any G19 I need. I would have a MINIMUM of 5 mags for my EDC. I am not saying carry all 5 but to have 5. I keep extras in my various vehicles for example.

Lastly when you have a gun you like. Go take a class or 3. I recommend Coup De Main or Protective Measures. During class is a GOOD time to use your various ammos. Plus if it does jam you get extra training on malfunction clearing and mag changes. : )

EDIT - at class take a couple different holsters if you want to, to try. I use an OWB SerpaII.
EDIT II - don't be afraid (embarrassed) to buy some dummy rounds and practice drawing and dry firing at home.

ALWAYS PRACTICE YOUR SAFETY RULES FIRST .

Good advice

Back
Top Bottom