• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on first gun

I'm putting in my vote for Taurus.

You can pick up a 709 or 609 for around $250... shoot, if you get really really lucky, you can probably pick up a PT92 for that price.

I picked up a PT609 for $250, and it's a hell of a carry gun. Still pack 13+1 rounds in a tiny package, and half the price of a Glock 19. It felt MUCH better than the Glock 26 I was considering as well. As far as accuracy... ask my girlfriend. She's hitting bullseye with it on all four corner targets and back to the middle one. Yes, she gloat a lot in the process.

Im a fan of the Bersa CC .380 and the Kel tec 9mm.. but you really cant go wrong with a .357 revolver... goes bang in a big way everytime you pull the trigger, and you can practice with .38 on the cheap.. (comparatively)

Save a few more bucks and get a Glock 17 or 19.

Cheap to shoot, reliable, easy to get spare parts, sights, holsters, etc. Everyone should have at least one.

A 22 you're proficient with is better than a 38 you can't use. . Loaded with high velocity reliable ammo and a few mags, you could easily defend yourself with a 22. I can empty the 25 round magazine of my pink 15-22 into fist sized grouping quickly.... if you buy a 9mm/380 etc, make sure you practice with it often. If you can't acquire your target quickly and take them out, your gun is useless.

Thank you all for your advice. I deffinantly got alot of great imput. Actually went and shot my buddies Rossi .357 last week, was pretty impressed with it. I think i'll look at again....

Thanks to all

Save a few more bucks and get a Glock 17 or 19.

Cheap to shoot, reliable, easy to get spare parts, sights, holsters, etc. Everyone should have at least one.

X2

A few more bucks gets you a used Glock that will be completely reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. I'm not gonna knock some of the cheaper brands, but I wouldnt rely on them for the safety of my family. I want to be confident when I pull the trigger, my firearm keeps up its end of the deal ...every time.

Back
Top Bottom