• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A tool that helps with gear shifting.

Air, on the street? I don't ever want to find out my air tank is empty.

Electric shift is the way to go for the street and track.for me.
There are a few good setups out there.

http://www.pingelonline.com/prodcat/electric-speed-shifters.asp

http://www.disabledmotorcyclerider.com/shifters.html eye

That's automatic shifting. I was talking about automatic clutch and shift. You know how the clutch has a sweet spot you're suppose to find? Well the device would find that for you so all you do is shift and give throttle. No more worrying about stalling out.

For the less coordinated, get a dirtbike and learn on that... Off the road, out of traffic and not on asphalt. Much more forgiving environment and no distractions. I did not go this route but looking back I can see the value in learning this way if you can.
That is how I learned from the time I was 7.

Soooo..... Let me get this right. You want to take the most dangerous vehicle on the road, and make it easier for the dumbest people to operate? :wacko:
I think I got it now ! :thumb: GLWS!! (J/k)

That's automatic shifting. I was talking about automatic clutch and shift. You know how the clutch has a sweet spot you're suppose to find? Well the device would find that for you so all you do is shift and give throttle. No more worrying about stalling out.
Sorry misunderstood, i thought it was because you physically can't shift.

They need to learn or stay off so they're safe. If you can't learn to shift you need to stay off/out of drivers seat.

I know touring bikes and cruisers are automatic but what if they want to ride a super sport? Those are all manuals.

Wait, what?! Lol, I've ridden a lot of different cruisers & touring bikes and I currently own a 2004 Yamaha Roadstar 1700 cruiser. In 40 plus years of riding street bikes I have only ever seen one bike with an automatic transmission, a neighbor had a Honda 400 or 450 that had one but you still had to shift I think. Half the fun of riding a sport bike is winding that tach up to redline before making the shift. Personally I wouldn't want an auto tranny on any type of motorcycle.

Dont air shifters tend to break transmission/shifting parts. Like bent shifter linkage etc... Ive never played with one equipped
Naw work good for the track. Known a few that got hurt using it on the street.
But they don't hurt the bike as long as they are set up properly. Their is a kill circuit that is installed with it.

Back
Top Bottom