• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A more REALISTIC dry fire training session

ms-UhzcHQ.gif
I'm thinking about buying one sometime too. Like to hear how you like it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah, will def post back when i spend some time with it. Its like a SIRT pistol on steroids.

I have a G17 SIRT, and it works great for building accuracy, but the trigger reset on the SIRT isn't the same as my regular use handguns, so I think the need for this tool is better. A laser for point and shoot accuracy, and the cool trainer for everything else.

The cool trainer doesn't come with a laser too, does it?

images (5) (1).jpeg
I have a G17 SIRT, and it works great for building accuracy, but the trigger reset on the SIRT isn't the same as my regular use handguns, so I think the need for this tool is better. A laser for point and shoot accuracy, and the cool trainer for everything else.

It does come with a laser barrel and 3 reflective targets. Thats why it is so cool in my opinion. Recoil, your pistol, laser shots but you can use it without the laser also. Optional. It also works with some of the laser targets by other companies that reads your shots

Its in the pic

View attachment 1489819

It does come with a laser barrel and 3 reflective targets. Thats why it is so cool in my opinion. Recoil, your pistol, laser shots but you can use it without the laser also. Optional. It also works with some of the laser targets by other companies that reads your shots

Its in the pic
Oh wow, I didn't know it did all of that. I will definitely have to buy one of these!!

You know the SIRT has a good bit of adjustability. I haven’t messed with mine yet. Only thing I did so far was up tape over the distracting laser to make sure I was watching my sights instead of getting distracted.

Give us a report when you get it, please, sir.
Oh wow, I didn't know it did all of that. I will definitely have to buy one of these!!

So...having veen using this cool fire trainer i must say...

HIGHLY IMPRESSED! The felt recoil is very realistic (more so than it looks). The reflective targets that come with it make it very easy to see when you hit the bullseye because it emits a big flash on the reflective material as opposed to just a red dot on regular targets. It is great for doing dot torture drills and the like. You really have track your sights due to the recoil and follow up shots are very realistic. Great for working drills from retention also. You really do get the advantage of range time at fraction of cost and time. If serious about training, no brainer to purchase and use this device.

The dry fire mag still has its place for training also. Using both these devices will most surely aid in better trigger control, recoil management, breaking flinching/anticipating shots, etc. Could be very helpful for new shooters or teaching others as well. Even for getting young kids used to handling/shooting pistols.

You know the SIRT has a good bit of adjustability. I haven’t messed with mine yet. Only thing I did so far was up tape over the distracting laser to make sure I was watching my sights instead of getting distracted.

Thx for the YouTube. I will check those vids out. I didn't know the triggers were adjustable. Good to know, til I get funds allocated for a Cool Fire.

HIGHLY IMPRESSED! The felt recoil is very realistic (more so than it looks). The reflective targets that come with it make it very easy to see when you hit the bullseye because it emits a big flash on the reflective material as opposed to just a red dot on regular targets. It is great for doing dot torture drills and the like. You really have track your sights due to the recoil and follow up shots are very realistic. Great for working drills from retention also. You really do get the advantage of range time at fraction of cost and time. If serious about training, no brainer to purchase and use this device.

The dry fire mag still has its place for training also. Using both these devices will most surely aid in better trigger control, recoil management, breaking flinching/anticipating shots, etc. Could be very helpful for new shooters or teaching others as well. Even for getting young kids used to handling/shooting pistols.
That's so good to know. I'm looking forward to getting a Cool Fire trainer.

I have another question, you may or may not know the answer. I am shooting a CZ SP01 Tactical with a DA/SA trigger. I have always heard the firing pin can be damaged by repeated dry firing, so I don't dry fire with it.

Do you know if the Cool Fire works like a snap cap to take the risk of damage to the firing pin out for hammer fired handguns?

Purchased a dry fire mag and have had it about 4 days. Good aid in trigger control. Going to have to undercut the trigger guard.

Back
Top Bottom