A little something that kinda bothers me

I see this all the time and it kinda bothers me, not really to the point that I get worked up over it but it sure makes me think. I read many posts asking about free ranges, or a free place to shoot or somewhere close to shoot and free. I understand that people want to spend as little as possible on anything now a days, and I am in the same boat, I want things and want to keep my money as well, but I dont think things should be free. Other than being a gun owner what makes the people wanting a free place to shoot any different than someone wanting a free phone? Or free healthcare?

Whats the difference really? A gun?
There's a big difference between asking for something and expecting/demanding it of others. No harm in the first.

Difference is tax money pays for Obama phone and healthcare...no comparison

Tax money pays for the interest on the National Debt and about 2-3% of that is entitlements, if that.

And taking into consideration that the national debt can never be payed off, who cares?

But thanks for playing.

Yea I suppose I would not ask for a free range, but if it shows up I wouldn't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Some people may mean free as in "public" which I think is perfectly fine to expect that land maintained with our tax dollar is free or low costs.

I see this all the time and it kinda bothers me, not really to the point that I get worked up over it but it sure makes me think. I read many posts asking about free ranges, or a free place to shoot or somewhere close to shoot and free. I understand that people want to spend as little as possible on anything now a days, and I am in the same boat, I want things and want to keep my money as well, but I dont think things should be free. Other than being a gun owner what makes the people wanting a free place to shoot any different than someone wanting a free phone? Or free healthcare?

Whats the difference really? A gun?

You are using this site to buy/sell for free. Maybe you should at least become a "Supporter" so people don't think you are a hypocrite. Just saying! :thumb:

You are using this site to buy/sell for free. Maybe you should at least become a "Supporter" so people don't think you are a hypocrite. Just saying! :thumb:
The site benefits per click on the advertising we view, in essence you are a supporter just for being here, unlike a gun range which does not benefit simply from your presence

i'm a member of the elberton gun club. $120 for the year. come and go as you please. shoot skeet in the middle of the night if you want. weekends are free days to come and try out the place to see if you like it. 100 acres of land to shoot on. 3 quarries to shoot skeet into, 17 clay busters, 1 rifle range, 1 pistol range, 1 rimfire range. family membership is included for free

706-213-0098

Nothing in this world is truly free. If a range offers "free" range time, you know good and well that the cost of the range has been factored into the cost of ownership and in turn rolled into higher prices so not to diminish the profit margin. At which point many people would start another thread, like they have already done in many cases whining and griping about the price of ammo, guns, supplies, accessories, etc. that a specific range store is charging.

gun ranges are a business that offers a specific type of service based on convenience and ease of use, not pricing

i would rather just bust some gats in the woods, but you need property to do that. whats wrong with shopping around?

I recently posted asking if anyone knew of some land to go shoot on. I live in a subdivision and the closest outdoor range is an hour away. I LOVE to shoot outside and really DESPISE shooting at indoor ranges. Especially with all the noobs. I had a couple of pleasant offers and some suggestions for quiet shooting. I am a social person and have been safely hunting and shooting for almost 40 years. I fully expect to compensate any offers of land to shoot on weather it be some homemade baked goods or ammo or even cash. I as a collector have a few very desirable firearms and always extend the offer to let most anyone shoot them as much as they like. I would also like to add that I am mainly interested in just plinking with my .22s. I am an avid .22 enthusiast and my request stated just some plinking out to 50 yards. I hope that my request didn't offend anyone. I enjoy being part of the ODT community. Best Regards

Back
Top Bottom