• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

a few CCW questions.

Hammett08

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
36   3
Reaction score
Just wanted to get a few facts straight/personal opinions on a few CCW and cwl questions before I start carrying.
A few of my "carry pieces" I've bought through ODT and armslist, all serials have been run and are clean, even though theyre legal and clear other than a signed piece of paper saying bill of sale is it OK to carry these guns without some sort of Fed or State registration?
Or if i were to ever have to use it would i face some sort of criminal charge?
Thanks

Did you recently move here or are you just a new gun owner? Either way welcome and you will learn a lot here if you want to.

B. Byrd is on point.

Last edited:
neither, just finally started to carry now that i live in Atlanta, just don't wanna die. but at the same time don't want to get a felony for just trying to defend myself (if that were the case) so, thanks for the information fellas.

neither, just finally started to carry now that i live in Atlanta, just don't wanna die. but at the same time don't want to get a felony for just trying to defend myself (if that were the case) so, thanks for the information fellas.

as long as you got a permit to carry in Georgia you can carry any of your guns, but if you carry your rifles you might be hassled but still be legal

Well despite what some educated idiots would claim, being armed is the most effective way to prevent yourself from being victimized or worse. The next step is training to expectations. Most conflicts result in no shots fired with just simply the ability to defend yourself being sufficient for the moment. It's never really reported as it does not serve sensationalism of the media.

So if you have a schooled source to assist you in training use them. If not I'd recommend a training class appropriate with your level of training. Good training pays huge dividends but should never be dictated for a right. Please comprehend this sir. You are responsible for your safety, in fact SCOTUS made a ruling to the effect several times. Don't depend on the LEO to save you. You sir are responsible for "your safety". No one else......

Georgia is one of the "free states' that allow citizens to actually exercise their 2nd Amendment rights but with restrictions as many but a few states attempt. We are working to restore your rights and those of all citizens. HB 60 was passed that allows yet even more potential access. Gaining rights is good, stripping them serves a small narrow segment of our society and does not serve a free state or the people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom