9mm Suppressor

I always find it funny when people get stuck on terminology.....

People want to get technical...The original was called a SILENCER...
In 1909 Hiram Percy Maxim patented the ‘firearms silencer’ – that’s what he named it. Today, if you fill out a Form 4 [paperwork submitted to the ATF to purchase a silencer] in the block where it asks you what it is you write in ‘silencer.’ In the 1980s there was a magazine article written that a writer called it a ‘suppressor’ and his reasoning was that it didn’t silence the shot, it just suppressed the sound to the point where it went below the OSHA hearing safe levels.

Yes it really only suppresses, but most people call something by its real name....

A Ford is a Ford, just because there really a pile of junk doesn't mean we should call them scrap metal...

Call it what you will, Silencer, Suppressor, can...etc...We know what you talking about...lol

This wasn't directed at you but just at everyone who always has to interject with " Its not called a Silencer, its called a suppressor"

I see your point.. And I'm not "that guy" that jumps on people for saying "silencer" - But I just have a hard time taking a manufacturer seriously when that's their marketing term. AAC and SilencerCo are both guilty of this. It just seems like deceptive advertising, which is only perpetuated by movies, TV and video games.

I see your point.. And I'm not "that guy" that jumps on people for saying "silencer" - But I just have a hard time taking a manufacturer seriously when that's their marketing term. AAC and SilencerCo are both guilty of this. It just seems like deceptive advertising, which is only perpetuated by movies, TV and video games.
Hey atleas t the newer video games are more realistic where you and others around you can actually her it clearly...I play Black ops sometimes and always laugh when I use the M-16 suppressed, the three empty casings hitting the ground are louder than the rifle going off...lol

UPDATE: I went with the AAC Ti-Rant 9mm.

Now I have to wait 4-6 months for the new toy!

I went through local PD approval instead of a trust, the guys at Sandy Springs Gun Club were great in helping me get this done.

I will post some pics as soon as I get it.

Check out Mikes firearms online and check out those prices on thompson suppresers ,and most of the time if you call Al he will come of those prices some.

Nice choice, I was able to shoot my friends aac ti-rant 45 both on his hk45 and on my XDm yesterday. We were both surprised at how quiet even the ti-rant 45 was on a 9mm platform. And it's night and day between the super sonic 115gr and the subsonic 147gr.

You might not have to wait that long. I don't want to get your hopes up, but it only took the ATF 10 weeks to approve my form 4. Good luck!
UPDATE: I went with the AAC Ti-Rant 9mm.

Now I have to wait 4-6 months for the new toy!

I went through local PD approval instead of a trust, the guys at Sandy Springs Gun Club were great in helping me get this done.

I will post some pics as soon as I get it.

AAC makes some of the most rugged and versatile suppressors made. Congratulations!

Ken I have to disagree with you. Liberty makes the most versatile suppressors. They have several multi caliber cans. Plus their warranty service is much better than AAC. I know, I have sent silencers back to both for service.

I do agree that AAC does make good suppressors they are just no longer the only company that makes good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom