9mm Suppressor

rdogger

Default rank 5000+ posts
I Pretty Much Hate People
317   0
Reaction score
Im in the process of narrowing down some selections for a 9mm suppressor.

First and foremost, I can't give you a single reason why I actually need one, but on the other hand I cant think of a reason why I shouldn't have one.

Any who.....this will be going on my G22 with a Lone Wolf 40-9 threaded barrel.

I was looking at the AAC Ti-Rant and wanted to see if anyone has actual hands on experience with it.

Thanks.

Silencer CO Osprey in 45.... Will work for 9 40 and 45 oh yea and 300 blk....

A suppressor is is just another safety item. Just like you glasses or ear plugs.... Protect your hearing and buy a can....

A suppressor is is just another safety item. Just like you glasses or ear plugs.... Protect your hearing and buy a can....

I would totally get one of these - But I have a personal dilemma buying anything advertised as a "silencer," when it is anything but silent. Even if they gave it a different stupid name, like "quieter," that would be better.

I saw that in my process, seemed like a pretty cool idea. I could get a threaded barrel for my Kimber and have some fun across multiple platforms.

What I really need is a can that would work for 9mm, 40, 45 and .223!

I saw that in my process, seemed like a pretty cool idea. I could get a threaded barrel for my Kimber and have some fun across multiple platforms.

What I really need is a can that would work for 9mm, 40, 45 and .223!

Problem there is you're ranging between 5.7mm all the way up to 11.5mm. 45 is just over double the diameter of .223. Not to mention wildly different cartridge pressures.

You should really do yourself justice and check out the Liberty Mystic. It was developed around the Glock 19 to be exact. I have a threaded barrel coming next week for one of my Glock 19's and will be picking up the Mystic after I finish paying for school (hopefully, as it is low priority).

I would totally get one of these - But I have a personal dilemma buying anything advertised as a "silencer," when it is anything but silent. Even if they gave it a different stupid name, like "quieter," that would be better.

I always find it funny when people get stuck on terminology.....

People want to get technical...The original was called a SILENCER...
In 1909 Hiram Percy Maxim patented the ‘firearms silencer’ – that’s what he named it. Today, if you fill out a Form 4 [paperwork submitted to the ATF to purchase a silencer] in the block where it asks you what it is you write in ‘silencer.’ In the 1980s there was a magazine article written that a writer called it a ‘suppressor’ and his reasoning was that it didn’t silence the shot, it just suppressed the sound to the point where it went below the OSHA hearing safe levels.

Yes it really only suppresses, but most people call something by its real name....

A Ford is a Ford, just because there really a pile of junk doesn't mean we should call them scrap metal...

Call it what you will, Silencer, Suppressor, can...etc...We know what you talking about...lol

This wasn't directed at you but just at everyone who always has to interject with " Its not called a Silencer, its called a suppressor"

Back
Top Bottom