• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm subsonic plinking ammo

So I don't reload my own ammo (yet, but since I'm getting into shooting suppressed it's looking to be a good possibility expecially with he cost of 300 blk and availability in the greater NWGA area.) Anyways I now have my threaded 9mm barrel and was wondering is there a consistently quiet 9mm round that is cost effective for shooting into the dirt? What grain do yall recommend, etc?

What do you call cost effective? Most 147 and heavily will be subsonic out of a pistol length barrel. American Eagle's suppressor ammo is 124gr but I heard its loud and dirty. From my research the best subsonic 9mm is Fiocchi 158gr with PPU 158gr probably right behind or beside it. I think thats about $17 per box but good luck finding. Next is probably Freedom Munitions Hush ammo which is 147gr and thats $17.64 per 50. They also have their regular 147gr which I hear is pretty good and reasonable for $12.98 per 50. I'll probably get a bunch of that for practice.

What do you call cost effective? Most 147 and heavily will be subsonic out of a pistol length barrel. American Eagle's suppressor ammo is 124gr but I heard its loud and dirty. From my research the best subsonic 9mm is Fiocchi 158gr with PPU 158gr probably right behind or beside it. I think thats about $17 per box but good luck finding. Next is probably Freedom Munitions Hush ammo which is 147gr and thats $17.64 per 50. They also have their regular 147gr which I hear is pretty good and reasonable for $12.98 per 50. I'll probably get a bunch of that for practice.

If $17 a box will buy me some awesome ammo I have no problems paying that. Hell this is the first 9 mm I've ever owned so that seems cheap to me anyways! Lol

Back
Top Bottom