• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm subsonic plinking ammo

Deaken

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
So I don't reload my own ammo (yet, but since I'm getting into shooting suppressed it's looking to be a good possibility expecially with he cost of 300 blk and availability in the greater NWGA area.) Anyways I now have my threaded 9mm barrel and was wondering is there a consistently quiet 9mm round that is cost effective for shooting into the dirt? What grain do yall recommend, etc?

I really like the 147gr American Eagle. Quiet Riot has some for 13.99/50 I think, and that's a great price for consistent quiet subs. It also has a flat nose rather than a round nose. Now I might be just making this up, but to my ear flat nosed rounds and hollow points sound quieter or at the very least have a different sound signature than round nosed projectiles. The 124gr American Eagles Suppressor ammo also works well and I think you can find it online now at different places in the 15-17.00/50 price range.

I'm a long way from quiet riot or I'd happily swing in to see jake and buy some. The American Eagle suppressor ammo I seen at Midway for $15.00 a box I think but wasn't sure as how well of ammo it is.

I saw a pallet of 9MM suppressor ammo at Adventure Outdoors last week. It was 124 GR and want to say it was American Eagle. If I remember correctly, it was about $13.50 or $14 for box of 50.

AO is a 1.5 hr trip one way from me so they'd have to have a hell of a deal for me to drive down there. I'll probably have to order it online to get it. Mainly I'm just looking to see what brand I should order to try.

Back
Top Bottom