• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/11: What really happened

Saudi Hijackers flew two 747's into the Twin Towers which then collapsed on themselves.

• Yes

• No

• Tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's from 2007, but here you go.

Thanks for finding and posting that.

Was just thinking, it's easy for us to banter these ideas around. What's missing is the human cost and suffering. Human beings, obliterated into nothing, in the blink of an eye, on the airplanes and in the impact areas. Others, mortally wounded, burned, broken. And still others who survived the blast and fire, trapped, some choosing to leap to their death as the fire and smoked threatened to take their lives, or dying in the subsequent collapse. And for all of those people, their loved ones having to live with the knowledge of how they died, and the emptiness of losing them.

Remembering them and gleaning whatever wisdom we can from their loss is more important than any other aspect of this.

Thanks for finding and posting that.

Was just thinking, it's easy for us to banter these ideas around. What's missing is the human cost and suffering. Human beings, obliterated into nothing, in the blink of an eye, on the airplanes and in the impact areas. Others, mortally wounded, burned, broken. And still others who survived the blast and fire, trapped, some choosing to leap to their death as the fire and smoked threatened to take their lives, or dying in the subsequent collapse. And for all of those people, their loved ones having to live with the knowledge of how they died, and the emptiness of losing them.

Remembering them and gleaning whatever wisdom we can from their loss is more important than any other aspect of this.
I don't disagree. Every single time I see one of those planes impact those buildings I think to myself "How many people did I just watch die?" Like in that instant. Those precious few frames of film...how many lives were extinguished in the literal blink of an eye? And I think that's the most horrifying aspect of it all. I remember the news was showing the people jumping. It probably wasn't even five minutes of coverage...but I remember one of the talking heads breaking character, talking to his producer or someone, and saying something along the lines of "Hey, Jerry. Are we sure we should be showing this?" Shortly after that, all the other networks ceased showing it, as well.

And then the collapse. And then the clean up, finding limbs and digits in the rubble. It was an absolute horror show. A friend of mine was in Central Park playing with his toddler daughter when it happened. He didn't know anything was wrong until his wife found them, panicked about where he and she were. I have another friend who was supposed to be in WTC1 that day but was hungover and overslept. All of it is/was so overwhelming.

I often think about the folks above the impact zone. Did anyone find zen and ride it out? I just watched a video from a guy who was in an insurance meeting on the 105th floor of the south tower and he made it out alive. Amazing.

This kind of discussion, I think, honors those that lost something that day. I absolutely believe that the families and loved ones of the victims want the truth more than anyone...and they are some of the loudest proponents about getting the truth out there.

Anyhow...maybe it's time to hang this one up for the ages....or until next year. Thanks to all who participated and kept it between the guardrails and (mostly) on topic.

Never forget.

1631329766839.gif

Occam's razor (also known as the 'law of parsimony') is a philosophical tool for 'shaving off' unlikely explanations. Essentially, when faced with competing explanations for the same phenomenon, the simplest is likely the correct one.

Back
Top Bottom