• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

556 SBR's are stupid

That's interesting and I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up the idea that some bullets for the 5.56 may have good terminal ballistics from an SBR. I'm going to look around for some gel tests, too.

This is the thread on M4C, and he tests lots of different ammo.

But the bold was my point in my earlier post. With today's modern ammo, SBRs can have a very effective range out to 300+ yards. And for GA, hunting or even if the SHTF, that means the AR SBR will be plenty effective and versatile.

Just wondering if something like the Adams arms uppers can reduce recoil and blowback
I would imagine the blowback would be almost completely gone. But then you have all the added noise (probably minimal) of the piston cycling.

i have one of the WAR uppers waiting for me at home when I get back from the holidays.

I figured the adjustable gas block would bring to down with some fine tuning, just enough gas to cycle, but maybe that's just compressed water?

57365558.jpg

So your saying your argument is base on the fact I said a sbr may not be lighter than a non sbr due to many factors mostly barrel thickness. Also your saying that the highly competitive, specialized, non life depended world of competition shooting where the rifles is strictly designed to work optimally under one circumstance.

My sources come from numerous arm chair commandos that waste there time doing this and the real world where people who do this for a living everyday use them. But that doesnt matter because the gov, who does most of this real world stuff, makes bad choices. your right again

The military has a lot more to consider than just the best performance of a weapon in a specific situation.

I've tried to have a simple conversation about this, but you insist on coming after me with the attitude that I think I'm a know it all as part of your defense. That's has nothing to do with a conversation about the merits of an SBR compared to a full length rifle. You've done it repeatedly even though I've pointed it out to you. OK.

I think the most likely reason you are unwilling to have a real conversation about this is because you have probably spent a crap load of money on weapons for the sake of being tacticool and can't stand the idea that it was money wasted.

Early on, someone else said the reason they have SBRs is because that's what they want. That is a great reason and no further justification was needed.

Back
Top Bottom