• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

41f and Persuant Kerfuffle

But what you fail to realize is that if anything 41P/F has given more freedom to every one and have taken none away from anyone with removing the CLEO require. Trust and individuals are on equal playing fields. And I think the point Romy has been trying to make is its something we should have been doing all along. Put the trust loophole aside, which requirement makes more sense for everyone to be fingerprinted or for everyone to get authorization from the CLEO?

It has not given more freedom because the trust was always an option for everyone. And the trust was never a "loophole".

I agree....and 41f isn't "add{ing} more rules and regulations." It is bringing trusts in line with existing "rules and regulations."
I can get on board with this train of thought. The point of the trust for me was to be "allow3d" to share my nfa items with family. This does make it more difficult. Also once again, why does cleo need to be even notified, what a farce. My pocket carry lcp is far more dangerous than any suppressor.

I can get on board with this train of thought. The point of the trust for me was to be "allow3d" to share my nfa items with family. This does make it more difficult.
More time consuming and frustrating? Yes.

More "difficult?" I don't think so.

Also once again, why does cleo need to be even notified, what a farce. My pocket carry lcp is far more dangerous than any suppressor.
Agreed 100%

Please...

My CLEO won't sign off and now I can't get an NFA item! Wait, I know...I'll get a trust and bypass him.

That's, like, the very definition of a loophole...and stuff.

Congratulations! You win the internet today for best use of liberal weasel words. :first:

I never heard of a "loophole" to exercise a Constitutional Right.

Do you have a GAWL?

I've already addressed it in this thread, and once again not a loophole.

A loophole is something (such as an error) that allows you to circumvent a legal process.

WITH A TRUST you already had to go through the legal process with a NICS check, ATF sign-off, etc., and what people don't seem to understand is that prior to this lunacy, EVERYONE ON YOUR TRUST WAS ALREADY REQUIRED TO BE ABLE TO LEGALLY POSSESS NFA ITEMS. There were/are no loopholes.

OP, why are you even on the ODT? I think it is reasonable that people were given an IQ test before voting, so we would not elect idiots that can do long lasting damage thru new laws and regulations. Threshold for the IQ test is 100. I am above it, so I am safe, and I do not care of you loose your right to vote. You would have made a wrong decision anyway. You can thank me for protecting you from yourself.

Back
Top Bottom