• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3 knives every outdoorsman should own....

Knife_guy_13

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
51   0
Reaction score
Soo just curious to see what everyone's opinions are here... Top 3 knives in your opinion that each outdoorsman should own? I'll start with my thoughts!

1.) Benchmade Griptilian/ mini grip-- perfect budget blade that is able to take a heavy beating at work and for those that like to customize with aftermarket scales and hardware there is plenty at very competitive pricing.

2.) Microtech SOCOM elite-- I prefer the MA due to the fact that I don't trust autos 100%. One of the smoothest production knives out of the box I've ever owned. Blade is one designed for use and durability, favorite of the microtech family for sure.

3.) Spyderco PM2-- I hated this knife for so long. I just didn't see all the hype about the PM2... Then I handled one.. Man I was impressed. Blade is not one for heavy use IMO due to the thinness of the blade. But as far as a fun knife its fun as hell to flip around. Looks like in a self defence situation it would be able to hold its own as well.

Thanks for reading! Thoughts? Am I crazy? What's your favorite 3? Have a great day fellas! Cheers!

I'm just mad I lost this one. (But do have it's smaller cousin).

71SypXQTS4L._SL1200_.jpg

I'm just mad I lost this one. (But do have it's smaller cousin).

71SypXQTS4L._SL1200_.jpg

I have one just like this, with the red handle. I love that thing!

3 knives every outdoorsman should own...Great question. Obviously we are all different so the answers will be scattered all over the board. For me, selecting only 3 is tough, especially with no price limit.

I will list the ones I have used a lot, and leave my higher end stuff off the list.

1. Kabar combat knife. Every knife guy should have at least one. Every American man should own one. They are good knives for almost any application a guy could need with a fixed blade, and they are inexpensive. Not too big, not too small, not too thick or thin, and proven. You can skin a bear with it, or a squirrel. Gotta love the Kabar. $70-$80.

2. For a pocket knife there are a million options, so pick one, but I've been carrying a USA Kershaw Scallion, Ken Onion design for close to a year and It has been a great little knife for me. Tough, sharp, smooth, perfect size for a true pocket blade. Best part, they are only $40-$50.

3. Victorinox Hiker in red or orange, if available. ^^See GeauxLSU's post. For all those applications where a simple knife isn't enough, these knives are very handy for a lot of applications. $40.

So many to choose from. I tried to keep my list on the realistic price range, but I do use these knives so I can recommend them. I have so many favs, it is almost impossible to choose.

Back
Top Bottom