• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Nissan Frontier Hardbody Edition Is Retro Perfection

batoncolle

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score
I had an 86.5 Hardbody (the first one). I kept it for 16 years before selling, and it was still running.

This one doesn't really look like a throwback to me.

bb1a9280-65032e14b86fd.jpg

I had an 86.5 Hardbody (the first one). I kept it for 16 years before selling, and it was still running.

This one doesn't really look like a throwback to me.

Agreed. I had a 1995 Nissan XE Hardbody. kept it for 21 years and it was still running the day I sold it. Kinda wish they would bring back the little 4-cylinder trucks. Those would be a welcomed throw back with Biden Gas prices.

I give them a point for still trying to be Nissan and remembering their heritage. But I ding them 1/2 a point for only redoing what they did before (like hollywood).

Still like the looks of the old one better - new has too much black plastic in the front.

Glad they still offer a 3.8 V6 though!

1694721601134.jpeg

Been looking and test driving new midsize models for two weeks.
colorado/canyon - love the new look. Didn’t like that 90 percent of operating the truck goes through the touch screen including turning on the lights. To me GM quality is questionable and already problems with batteries draining at night while down loading software updates turbo engine
ford Ranger tremor- descent ride and power but interior outdated. Felt like less room interior wise compared to the others. Turbo engine
Tacoma- late in the year and couldn’t find the one I wanted. Toyota also put a hold/sale on the Pro model for some reason. Don’t know but was told something to do with the way the seatbelts mounts was installed at factory
bought a Frontier Pro 4x. non turbo - price discounted. Loaded with all options. Only two things I don’t like is no way to turn daytime driving lights off and sits lower than the others. May add a front leveling kit just to raise the front a little.

Does anyone else want to take a brick to the touch screen button interface crap these cars have? My FIL's truck doesnt have a tailgate latch handle. its a push button that locks with the truck and is infuriating to use

Heard on the radio the other day that car manufacturers are going back to buttons and knobs because people want the tactile feel. Safer than touch screens as well because people constantly look at the touch screen to confirm their selection.

Does anyone else want to take a brick to the touch screen button interface crap these cars have? My FIL's truck doesnt have a tailgate latch handle. its a push button that locks with the truck and is infuriating to use
There is nothing gheyer than a big stupid flatscreen protruding from dash IMO.

I love my two old relics that offer manual transmissions, manual windows and door locks, no annoying seatbelt chime, no DEF fluid, no daytime running lights, no engine cut off at red lights, etc.....
But the absolute best part is NO PAYMENTS!!

Back
Top Bottom