• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 garden thread

Got a little growth showing in the new raised bed setup. Asparagus first out the gate this year. We cut it way back and weeded it a couple of months ago

IMG_6236.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6240.jpeg
IMG_6239.jpeg

Word on the Asparagus. The Sold-in-Walmart variety got to about 18-inches in my folks garden before Momma took her mighty Fisker shears to the first shoots.

Also, started the "3 Sisters" method with beans, corn and gourds.

Word on the Asparagus. The Sold-in-Walmart variety got to about 18-inches in my folks garden before Momma took her mighty Fisker shears to the first shoots.

Also, started the "3 Sisters" method with beans, corn and gourds.
I need to try this with direct sew. I couldnt get my corn seeds to sprout in less than 3 weeks. Its likely still too cold. I snagged a bunch of "decrotive" heirloom corn cobs last fall. Some show signs of being able to grow.

We're due for our end of march cold snap this week. Break out those frost cloths

That’s exactly what we want! That’s what our expansion will hopefully look like.
I'll also have 30X40 inground garden going as well. Also going to attempt to do some container gardening for peppers. I have a ton of pots that got left over from a landscaper on one of my projects. I took about 150 pots to the house. It should be a good year.

Back
Top Bottom