• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2017 NRA annual meeting, Atlanta, April 27-30 at the GWCC - ODT M&G poll added

Which day would be best for the ODT to meet?

• Friday the 28th

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • Saturday the 29th

Votes: 73 54.1%
  • Tacos

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters
I will have to check out the Kimber this morning. I have yet to see one, much less handle one...On the flip side, I did see and handle the new Colt .38 snub and was completely unimpressed. Besides a decent double action trigger pull there is nothing about this new revolver that I like.

Yeah, we stopped by the Colt Booth this afternoon...Saw Wiley Clapp...And looked at the new Cobra...We were both UNDERWHELMED by the Cobra...So much promise & hype, so little delivery... :( ...On a POSITIVE note, we stopped by CZ-USA & looked at some of their Custom Shop offerings...Those things are NICE! All of 'em had PRIMO Triggers...Nice enough that Missus' 3-5-7 wants me to send her Magnum Research-imported 75B off to 'em for some "Massaging"... :) ...Also met Travis Tomasie at the Remington Handgun exhibit & talked with him a bit...Nice guy, and I'm favorably impressed with their 1911's...Might hafta' pick one of them up at some point!

Reactions: MRH
Yeah, we stopped by the Colt Booth this afternoon...Saw Wiley Clapp...And looked at the new Cobra...We were both UNDERWHELMED by the Cobra...So much promise & hype, so little delivery... :( ...On a POSITIVE note, we stopped by CZ-USA & looked at some of their Custom Shop offerings...Those things are NICE! All of 'em had PRIMO Triggers...Nice enough that Missus' 3-5-7 wants me to send her Magnum Research-imported 75B off to 'em for some "Massaging"... :) ...Also met Travis Tomasie at the Remington Handgun exhibit & talked with him a bit...Nice guy, and I'm favorably impressed with their 1911's...Might hafta' pick one of them up at some point!

You ain't kidding about the CZ's or the Remington 1911's that were on display! The case hardened 1911 frames they had were sick!

I have a whole new respect for everything CZ after this weekend!

Thanks to MRH MRH for starting the NRA 2017 thread, coordinating communication, providing information about the expo and parking, and even some "behind the scenes" pictures.

P.S. Also, a special thanks to safebuilder safebuilder for providing me and other complimentary passes. I enjoyed meeting you.

I didn't do much, but I'm glad if I helped. They were watching like hawks over this show, or I could have helped some guys even more. LOL

MRH MRH , what was the general impression the NRA people and the attendees left on the staff at the GWCC? I hope it was positive.

The general consensus has been extremely positive. Pretty much everyone I have talked to agrees it was the coolest show we've ever had, and we have multiple shows here on a weekly basis. Most of what I've heard about the show overall, besides the cool gun factor, is how awesome the people were. It was a big hit.

And for all of you interested in NRA swag, you can only imagine the swag I've been able to acquire in the aftermath...And I'm not talking about typical nick nack stuff like they were giving away. I rescued a very large Beretta banner from the dumpster last night, along with loads of event programs, and some AWESOME signs! More to come too...This weekend was good to me!

Hit all 3 days. Wife and I on Friday. Wife, both kids and I on Saturday. Just me on Sunday. I could give a full run down, but no one would really be that interested in it anyway. I'm very glad I went multiple days. Still didn't see everything. Awesome show, met some great folks, got lots of swag and even bought a couple things. Can't wait for the next one I can make it to.

I heard they were looking at Hershey, PA. next year... won't be making that one!

Hit all 3 days. Wife and I on Friday. Wife, both kids and I on Saturday. Just me on Sunday. I could give a full run down, but no one would really be that interested in it anyway. I'm very glad I went multiple days. Still didn't see everything. Awesome show, met some great folks, got lots of swag and even bought a couple things. Can't wait for the next one I can make it to.

I heard they were looking at Hershey, PA. next year... won't be making that one!
I was there all day Saturday with my son and Sunday by myself. It was loads of fun! I heard it was in Dallas next year?

Missed some stuff but saw what I really wanted to see. Talked to Chuck Buck from Buck knives for a while and Chris Barrett for a good while. Met some great shooters and also met the Miculeks! Awesome folks!

Back
Top Bottom