• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2006 Dodge Ram Brakes. Help me repair/upgrade?

What's a mityvac? I have a handheld vacuum gun I use for bleeding that does well. Just wish it had a larger reservoir that I didn't have to empty every caliper

A mityvac is the best vacumn bleeder, but if you already have one that works don't worry about it.

No not dot 5! unless it calls for that which Im 99% sure it doesn't. The seals are not compatible with this silicone based fluid which is also very hygroscopic
I agree, been driving and not able to explain.
DOT5 is a synthetic and will build up small particles causing catastrophic failure if not flushed regularly. What you rarely see it on "normal" cars.

No not dot 5! unless it calls for that which Im 99% sure it doesn't. The seals are not compatible with this silicone based fluid which is also very hygroscopic
I was under the assumtion that silicone fluid is just the oposite..glycol based fluids draw moisture as they heat and cool this is what kills most steel break lines and internals as most internal valving is stainless ..most all marine based hydraulics use silicone based fluids do to the nature of non hygroscopic features..you can leave an open bottle of dot 5 but you cant with 3 3/4 fluids which are considered poly glycol which is considered highly hygroscopic tbmbrakes.com/silicone_brake_fluid_vs__conventional_brake_fluid

Back
Top Bottom