• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 world war winner

My EDC...officers LW... not a boomer either
17082165140768732650861290839115.jpg

My Dad says it was this way in the 60’s. The bunch they practiced with in training were so bad the range Sgt had them walk out to the targets and punch holes with a pencil, just so he could pass them for their qualification.

My Dad did not like the 1911 for decades after his experience. It was just last year he finally realized how good they can shoot when he shot mine. It took him almost 80 years to finally come around, but I got him.

Probably pretty rare that a GenX is spreading the good news of the 1911 to a boomer.
Great story. I've historically been a 1911 fan. But I've also used the Glock extensively too. For concealment, I like the 1911. Real war time, I'd pick a metal type frame. For short term tactical operations, the Glock does a good job

The ones we qualified with where so floppy you could rattle them like maracas 🪇. You just kind of pointed them in the general direction of the target and hoped for the best.
Yep, I've had some like that. I said they weren't good for a paper weight. Those were polymers

Well, here we go again. "1911's are the most awesomist pistols in the world. In fact, here's all of mine that are still in the case to prove how awesome they are".

OK, OK, relax fellas, I'm just kidding with you. I too think 1911's look nice on display.

At least GA Ranger showed us one that actually seems to be carried.

Would all y’all childish ****ing ****s STOP this orchestrated divide? If you like 1911s and can shoot them good, then the 1911 is your gun. If you like Berettas and can shoot them good, then the Beretta is your gun. If you like Daggers, or hi points… who gives a ****? If you shoot it well, THATS your gun. This divide bull**** is getting old. These SET ****tards have started a divide within our established community. They destroyed their only community forum with their bull****, and ****ery, then they moved back here. This might be new to some of you, and it might be OLD to a lot of us….if you shoot your carry well, it doesn’t matter the platform….lets get back to the fundamentals of this forum.

I like em all. Hammer fired, striker fired, steel, aluminum, polymer. Doesn't matter to me. I like the mechanics. The only drawback to a classic 1911 is a low capacity, single stack mag. But that doesn't matter if you're a crackshot 😉👍

Gentlemen, you can claim that this firearm won two world wars but let’s look at the opposition. The Luger, a stove piper. Walther P38, better… but still a Jam-o-matic. Mostly officers carried the 1911, grunts carried rifles. So to say this handy won two world wars is just propaganda. I’d say the F’n bomb won WWII under that it would be a Garand. Hell, a Thompson saw more action.
This was designed in 1911. That means it’s over 100 years old. The design is still being tweaked, STILL! So in one hundred years the firearm is still showing issues. The only way to get a reliable 1911 out of the box is to spend exorbitant funds. Wilson, Nighthawk, Les Bear, Tartan, etc. if you by a sub 1,200 gun you’re gonna have to spend time and or money getting it right. If that’s your bag, that’s cool, I’d rather shoot.
Don’t say that poly guns have no soul. I don’t care about soul, I want performance. It’s a gun, Not a pretty girl! The old saying is true: 1911’s are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies. The Browning high power is far superior gun, the CZ 75 is a far superior gun, the Beretta 92 is a superior gun, Glock a superior gun. So why all the 1911 BS? I started my foray into shooting as a 1911 guy, It only took a few years a few thousand rounds of shooting until I went to the dark side and to be honest I haven’t looked back.
In my jack ass opinion, anyone who is solely a 1911 person is not a shooter. This isn’t someone who has put thousands of rounds down range. I’m sorry if it hurts your feels, you’re a collector. There is nothing sexier than a slick ass 1911 to look at, but when the crap hits the fan my polymers are going to put in work.

Well, here we go again. "1911's are the most awesomist pistols in the world. In fact, here's all of mine that are still in the case to prove how awesome they are".

OK, OK, relax fellas, I'm just kidding with you. I too think 1911's look nice on display.

At least GA Ranger showed us one that actually seems to be carried.
The Baer in my avatar has 10k+ rounds through it and like 27 of the states un the US have seen this pistol. My competition baer has over 120k through it (stopped counting). the ACW will catch up, just gonna take me a bit.

Back
Top Bottom