• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 world war winner

20231208_153908.jpg

By the 80s it was getting hard to find a military 1911 that wasn't worn out
My Dad says it was this way in the 60’s. The bunch they practiced with in training were so bad the range Sgt had them walk out to the targets and punch holes with a pencil, just so he could pass them for their qualification.

My Dad did not like the 1911 for decades after his experience. It was just last year he finally realized how good they can shoot when he shot mine. It took him almost 80 years to finally come around, but I got him.

Probably pretty rare that a GenX is spreading the good news of the 1911 to a boomer.

My Dad says it was this way in the 60’s. The bunch they practiced with in training were so bad the range Sgt had them walk out to the targets and punch holes with a pencil, just so he could pass them for their qualification.

My Dad did not like the 1911 for decades after his experience. It was just last year he finally realized how good they can shoot when he shot mine. It took him almost 80 years to finally come around, but I got him.

Probably pretty rare that a GenX is spreading the good news of the 1911 to a boomer.
The ones we qualified with where so floppy you could rattle them like maracas 🪇. You just kind of pointed them in the general direction of the target and hoped for the best.

Back
Top Bottom