• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 for 2

The only time my wife knows if I'm getting something gun related is if she sees me head out for a road trip by myself or when I show her what I picked up, which usually doesn't excite her too much. Now if she knows I'm selling something, that's a different story because she knows there is a good chance I'm coming back with something that she ALWAYS likes to see................
I've brought home several laminate stock rifles since the beginning of my hobby and she always makes the same compliment- "you brought home another paneling rifle"!

I've had a guy to call off a deal due to an incident with a wife decision.

He called and said she had bought the firearm for him as a gift, pitched a fit and tossed it across their driveway in turn damaging pretty bad.
I had already drove 50 minutes and had waited about 10 min, so I said "pics or it didn't happen, I may still want it".
I never heard back from him. LoL
I'm sure he had just found someone willing to pay more.

I like these threads because it always gives me the chance to bring up the guy that backed out because his wife had locked his guns in the safe. Miraculously that same gun was traded to a fellow ODT'er the same day. I guess a miracle reconciliation occurred after he backed out.

I had a trade lined up a while back for a very nice Kimber Micro Carry 380 that the guy said he bought off of a friend who needed money. There were some cute purple pearl grips on it which I had already planned to replace, and we had numerous email messages between each other concerning our deal as well as a meeting place and date. The day before we were to meet, he texted me to say that he couldn't make the trade because his wife had seen it with the purple grips and wanted it as her carry piece. His reply was to me was, "you know, if mama ain't happy then nobody's happy". If I give my word on a deal and that happens to me, then mama just won't be happy. She'll eventually get over it, and I'll still be a man of my word. Of course this didn't happen on this site, which is why I'm a great supporter of the feedback system on here.................

I had a trade lined up a while back for a very nice Kimber Micro Carry 380 that the guy said he bought off of a friend who needed money. There were some cute purple pearl grips on it which I had already planned to replace, and we had numerous email messages between each other concerning our deal as well as a meeting place and date. The day before we were to meet, he texted me to say that he couldn't make the trade because his wife had seen it with the purple grips and wanted it as her carry piece. His reply was to me was, "you know, if mama ain't happy then nobody's happy". If I give my word on a deal and that happens to me, then mama just won't be happy. She'll eventually get over it, and I'll still be a man of my word. Of course this didn't happen on this site, which is why I'm a great supporter of the feedback system on here.................

Who marries their Mom? What in the world?!

I've had a guy to call off a deal due to an incident with a wife decision.

He called and said she had bought the firearm for him as a gift, pitched a fit and tossed it across their driveway in turn damaging pretty bad.
I had already drove 50 minutes and had waited about 10 min, so I said "pics or it didn't happen, I may still want it".
I never heard back from him. LoL
I'm sure he had just found someone willing to pay more.
Hope u totally negative feedbacked his ass. Also u should tell us his user name so we know not to deal with him! Lol

2 weeks, 2 wife cards pulled to negate deals.

I'm gonna need a moment.

hair-pulling.jpg

It happens, when I was selling a SPAS 12, it happen to me 3x, I just figured it was how ODT worked, I was new at the time.

Back
Top Bottom