1961 Colt .38 Special NOT SUPER

Interesting Moniker

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
49   1
Reaction score
Hey there ladies and gents! I had a question regarding a 1961 colt .38 special mid-range that I came across. I basically want to know a general opinion on what the gun might be worth. I've got the original box and all the papers, original grips, original sales receipt, and a wooden carry box. The gentleman who owned it actually took care of it, and believe it or not, the gun looks like it did the day he picked it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have shot against them. Excellent guns. Colt and Smith & Wesson both made 38 Spec pistols. The Colt used the H&G 50 type wad cutter. The S&W used a flush loaded wad cutter. (ie turn the H&G upside down) These were marketed about the same time the Army's AMU was expermenting with the 38 AMU round. Both guns were assembled in their respective custom shops. Don't know what todays value might be but I sold a well maintained S&W 52 a couple years ago for $1200. My 2¢

It's worth approximately $25.00 USD in excellent condition. PM me with an address and I'll put a USPS money order in the mail to take it off your hands.

Seriously, I don't know what today's market values one at, but I'd love to have one. Check gunbroker.com for a rough idea.

as tom thumb noted they were made back in the day when NRA bullseye was very popular good basic 38 special auto..needed some work to compete against the custom 38 autos (like a Clark) and the S&W mdl 52 but very nice... the Magazines are very hard to find...

well worth over 1300 on the market today, just a limited audiance.

Back
Top Bottom