• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

18yo to buy a pistol? Riiiiiiight

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that by federal law it is legal for them to purchase in a private sale but, by GA law it is not legal for anyone under 21 to be in possession of a handgun except in the circumstances outlined in post #6. That is really not the sellers problem though. To the best of my knowledge, it is perfectly legal to sell to them. It is on them to adhere to the letter of the law once they own it.

Huh? Have you read 16-11-132? Even the title clearly says “under 18”.

“Under age 21” isn’t referenced anywhere in that GA statute.

Case by case for sure..! 18 or 64, this world is filled with clowns… yesterday afternoon I was contacted by one inquirer needing 2 “AT” pistols for a $1000 and he needed them “today” :pound:

Attachments

• IMG_8393.jpeg
    IMG_8393.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 81
You’re wrong. It’s legal for an 18YOA to purchase a handgun from a private individual.

It is illegal for an 18YOA to attempt to purchase a handgun from an FFL.

Sometimes age isn’t an indicator of knowledge.

Of course, if you don’t feel comfortable with it, ya ain’t gotta sell to them.
Can’t we old people with a clean record get in trouble for selling a handgun to an 18 year old? One of my former hunting club former buddies got in trouble for giving a handgun to his brother-in-law who was over 21. The former buddy knew his bro-in-law had been denied when tryin to do it the right way. An 18 yr old would surely be denied if he tried to do it the right way. Anyway, I’m all for learning about this

case by case but he can buy... but if the government questions a 18YO ability to own a pistol...they need to question ones ability to vote or join the service.. you are an adult or not.. its that simple....
Gad stations won’t sell cigs to anyone under 21 nowadays. I know cigs aren’t 2nd Amendment but Rules keep on achanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom