• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10-13 Hunt

Well, my morning got interesting. Shortly after 9 o'clock, I see some bushes moving across the power line, about 10 yards inside the woods. What I thought was a squirrel, turned out to be this guy with his head in a tree. I watched him for several minutes before I had a shot. I probably wouldn't have shot him in rifle season, but I don't get many opportunities on a nice buck with a muzzleloader. He has nine points and weighed 180 pounds. I figure is was 3.5 years old. Looking for a monster now, and helping my kids score a good one.

Very cool.....after the smoke clears.
Looks pretty darn nice to me.

My nephew got his first this evening. Stoked is an understatement. It's a small 4 but me my brother in law and him were all super excited for him. Pictured is my brother in law and nephew. They just joined our club this evening's hunt was only their second hunt there.View attachment 2320399

Did you rib him about drinking the blood from the heart?
Nice to see the young ones getting started in the trade with good Dads to show them the ropes.

Thanks yall for the kind words. He has been once before and missed a doe (last year) he hasn't stopped talking about deer hunting since then. Today I gave him a rosewood grip buck knife I've had for about 15 years, I always carried it with me and told him I've killed a many deer while I had that knife on my belt and maybe it would bring him just as much luck and sure enough he got this one after about 45 minutes in the blind. I told him all the good spots and he chose where to sit, and let 3 really small fawns pass before taking this one. He did good, helped drag him up to the golf car and helped us skin him. He asked me about taking a silly picture and I explained to him this was God's gift to him and us that we need to be ethical and honor its life and he stopped and then said "you're right, I dont know what I was thinking". He told me and my brother in law that today was the best day of his life and that he didn't want to go back home yet. I will never forget this day, I didnt see squat all day but for him to have taken this was better than if I had seen a B&C.

Did you rib him about drinking the blood from the heart?
Nice to see the young ones getting started in the trade with good Dads to show them the ropes.
no, but we rubbed some blood on his face, my brother in law has a picture of him helping us where his whole face is bloody from deer blood. He took it pretty well. We have a thing at our club where if we kill a buck we put the deer's manhood in the tree as good luck. So I told him he had to do that and he did, even though he didnt believe me.

I have a nephew who’s oldest son is 6. We took him to the cabin and he helped wrap a box stand. We sat upon the next night and watched a doe and a fawn at dusk..

He is chomping at the bit..!

FB0C70A4-3FEC-4C1E-9F01-BAC53E1BB1DA.jpeg

I have a nephew who’s oldest son is 6. We took him to the cabin and he helped wrap a box stand. We sat upon the next night and watched a doe and a fawn at dusk..

He is chomping at the bit..!

View attachment 2320528
I bet he is. Get him a handi rifle, to me those are the best for youngins. They're short, simple, and come in all different calibers.

My nephew got his first this evening. Stoked is an understatement. It's a small 4 but me my brother in law and him were all super excited for him. Pictured is my brother in law and nephew. They just joined our club this evening's hunt was only their second hunt there.View attachment 2320399
Congrats on the big guy! I bet he's hooked

Back
Top Bottom