• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10-13 Hunt

Had a nice 3.5 old buck come through at 10:15. If he would have given me a shot I might have taken it. That was the first deer Ive seen all weekend.

The rains came, I went. Grabbed my camera on the way out and learned that I had three bucks in front of my “east” stand last night while I was in my “west” stand. Three new scrapes this morning.

Well, my morning got interesting. Shortly after 9 o'clock, I see some bushes moving across the power line, about 10 yards inside the woods. What I thought was a squirrel, turned out to be this guy with his head in a tree. I watched him for several minutes before I had a shot. I probably wouldn't have shot him in rifle season, but I don't get many opportunities on a nice buck with a muzzleloader. He has nine points and weighed 180 pounds. I figure is was 3.5 years old. Looking for a monster now, and helping my kids score a good one.

Attachments

• 20191013_090742.jpg
    20191013_090742.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 47
Well, my morning got interesting. Shortly after 9 o'clock, I see some bushes moving across the power line, about 10 yards inside the woods. What I thought was a squirrel, turned out to be this guy with his head in a tree. I watched him for several minutes before I had a shot. I probably wouldn't have shot him in rifle season, but I don't get many opportunities on a nice buck with a muzzleloader. He has nine points and weighed 180 pounds. I figure is was 3.5 years old. Looking for a monster now, and helping my kids score a good one.

Congrats man!

Good Job MO!

Back
Top Bottom