• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 turkey rigs

TSS is awesome in some of the guns, but not worth the cost, in my opinion. Heck, when I first started turkey hunting, I killed some with 12 ga. 2 3/4"inch field loads.(lost a couple, also), Later, went to a 3" gun, then a 3.5"(835), then to a 20 ga 3". The 20 is all I neeed. I sold the 835, but still take a 12 ga 3" for backup, in case something breaks. I`ve considered trying my old model 12, Win. 16 ga., improved cyl.,26" barrel.That would be sporting, to say the least. Good luck to all of ya`.

My rig is the same as last year the beretta a391 xtrema 3.5 with 3.5 inch longbeard xr #5s
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1250.jpeg

Ill be getting into the market for a turkey gun. Ive seen where a lot of folks are going back to 20 and even 410's using the TSS loads. Any suggestions welcome. Im looking at the Stevens 301 series but havent decided on 20 or 410.

Ill be getting into the market for a turkey gun. Ive seen where a lot of folks are going back to 20 and even 410's using the TSS loads. Any suggestions welcome. Im looking at the Stevens 301 series but havent decided on 20 or 410.
You've got a lot of options out there. A lot will depend on your preference. I have a semi auto 20ga and over under 20ga. The over under will be my primary go to for this season.

My neighbor is wanting to take his 7 year old son turkey hunting this year, but doesn't have a 20 gauge, so I am trying to help him out. I have a Weatherby PA 459 20 gauge home defense that I think would work for him, however, it has the ported, screw in cylinder choke. I also have several boxes of Remington Nitro Turkey #5 loads that I can give him. Question is, what choke should I get for this combination? Thanks.

My neighbor is wanting to take his 7 year old son turkey hunting this year, but doesn't have a 20 gauge, so I am trying to help him out. I have a Weatherby PA 459 20 gauge home defense that I think would work for him, however, it has the ported, screw in cylinder choke. I also have several boxes of Remington Nitro Turkey #5 loads that I can give him. Question is, what choke should I get for this combination? Thanks.
I prefer trulock chokes. If you're shooting lead maybe something around .560-.565

Back
Top Bottom