• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 turkey rigs

I will be glad to if I go. I am going to call first, after I check Adventure Outdoors. Thinking maybe a closer Academy might have them, I stopped at Academy in Cartersville while ago. They had plenty of Winchester 20 ga. "Double X" turkey loads but no "Longbeard XR". I ordered a Carlson Longbeard choke, made especially for Win. Longbeard shells. If I find Longbeard shells tomorrow I will get you a box. Academy doesn`t even list Longbeard shells online.
Thanks! If I find some before you do I will let you know.

Thanks! If I find some before you do I will let you know.
Not trying to talk you or anyone else out of shooting them but those lead loads are really disappointing past 20 yards out of all the 20ga set ups I've tried them in. I just hate to see yall waste your money or not be satisfied with a purchase. Those ninja loads are some of the best you can buy for a 20ga.

Not trying to talk you or anyone else out of shooting them but those lead loads are really disappointing past 20 yards out of all the 20ga set ups I've tried them in. I just hate to see yall waste your money or not be satisfied with a purchase. Those ninja loads are some of the best you can buy for a 20ga.
I tested Longbeards and TSS in my gun. Longbeards patterned the best at 35 yards. This was with the ACCU choke. Going to a Longbeard choke now, made by Carlsons.

I tested Longbeards and TSS in my gun. Longbeards patterned the best at 35 yards. This was with the ACCU choke. Going to a Longbeard choke now, made by Carlsons.
The longbeard choke I used to have in my gun patterned the longbeard shells pretty well but patterned tss the best. I had a longbeard choke in a youth model mossberg 505 and tried shooting lead shot and couldn't get a good pattern. But every gun and choke set up is different. Have a good season!

Ninja 8.5’s are my favorite load! My 835 loves them, hoping they perform in the 20g.
I’m gonna try the Longbeards just to see how they compare. If they aren’t up to my standards, I’ll keep a couple in my vest for coyote control.

No new rig for me this year but I'm interested in the 20 ga game. Anxious to see how y'all's pattern. I'll be rocking the ol 870 super mag with turkey ninja 3.5s. They pattern great through a .660 Carlson choke.

No new rig for me this year but I'm interested in the 20 ga game. Anxious to see how y'all's pattern. I'll be rocking the ol 870 super mag with turkey ninja 3.5s. They pattern great through a .660 Carlson choke.
40 yards tss handloads. 1⅝ oz stoeger m3020 .583 pinhoti choke at 40 yards
1706736888487915522455151450361.jpg

Back
Top Bottom