• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zeta, the morning of.....

Very windy lost power around 3 a.m. didn't sleep much after that because we're fan sleepers Got up around 6 still no power went into town luckily power was on there got breakfast and ice to keep from losing two refrigerators full of food.
iced everything down left for Macon to meet a fellow ODTr got a great deal had a very enjoyable lunch at New China buffet in Macon
go west toward home through pine mountain.
got out to enjoy the views Saw a cool ass old timey car club show early nineteen hundreds cars some with wooden wheels very cool.
Then started having engine trouble out of our most reliable 2002 Suburban with 315,000 miles , engine light coming on and off sputtering but we made it all the way home to the westside of Georgia from pine mountain unfortunately power was out and still is I'm sitting here with the room lit by a rechargeable lantern as I voice text this message but all the food is still good and coolers and our ex-refrigerators now ice boxes because we have pans and vegetable crisper bins full of ice.
Life is good only a minor inconvenience especially compared to what hose have gone through in the gulf. Please forgive me if some of this is misspelled or incorrectly punctuated it's been a long day.

Lost power here in Sutallee around 4:30am yesterday. The chatter is that Amicalola EMC is saying Sunday evening best case for restoration. Glad to have a generator and plenty of gas.

Had the enjoyable task of picking up downed pine cones yesterday. Gave up for the day after slightly over 1000. Couldn’t even keep up with the number of small limbs and twigs.
Looks like I’m about half done, maybe finish up today.

Our power in Marietta is predicted to be restored on Tuesday.
I have a small Honda generator that will run the fridge and freezer for 12 hours on one gallon of gas, and I got 6 five gallon Steel safety cans waiting to get used.

Generator running strong no idea when I'm getting power. My generator is eating 5 gallons every 10 hrs to run 2 freezers, 2 fridge/freezers and a few small things.

Back
Top Bottom