• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your worst buck fever mistake?

I have a friend who went out with some of his friends along a corn field next to some woods, including a new hunter.
Each of them took their place along the field edge and waited...
Tommy heard a click to his right, followed by a very large buck running across in front of him and the sound of the hunter to his left bagging the buck.

The new hunter had brought a lever action and decided to only loaded one round, "to be safe".
When he saw the buck he got so excited that he threw the lever.....
and watched that "just to be safe" cartridge spin over the top of his head

Boy did he feel like a dope, lol.

Tried a shot way to my right and missed a 10.Learned to shoot left handed in those situations after that.

Missed a monster of a buck on time,was walking in a thicket and spooked him.Buck was no more than 20yds but every time i tried to scope him he would get lost in the trees,took a shot what i thought was his neck turned out to be a Ga pine.

Missed a monster of a buck on time,was walking in a thicket and spooked him.Buck was no more than 20yds but every time i tried to scope him he would get lost in the trees,took a shot what i thought was his neck turned out to be a Ga pine.

I know exactly what that's like and I took the scope off the .30-30 because of it!

Why are you tryin to use a scope on a deer that's only 20 yds. away though?....LOL

Make a mistake? Nah, I am cool as a cucumber.

I was however up in a tree stand and three does walked out about 150 yards away and I aimed at the first one and fired and it ran I said **** I missed. So I aimed at the second one and fired and lost it in the scope. SO I aimed at the third one and fired and dropped it DRT. I found the other two less than 15 yards away. I had shot all three through the heart. Yeah, mistakes LOL. Ask @captdave77 he was there.

Back
Top Bottom