• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Pictures not loading on your ads? Try this

dustind3366

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
I see tons of ads everyday with people saying their pics aren't loading. While you're free to use any other means to change this, the primary reason is that your photos are supposed to be under a certain size, probably to save space on the servers. I don't know the exact dimensions or Mb size; maybe the admins could chime in or point to a correct answer for this.

In easy terms, your pics are too big and need to be re-sized. I personally use http://picresize.com to re-size all of my pics and have never had a pic loading problem. I also recommend this to all members that I see this happen to and then their pics load. I even had one guy today thank me in his many different post, because his pics finally showed up.

Hope this helps.

How to use:

1.Navigate to http://www.picresize.com in your web browser.

2. When page opens, you will see a 'Start Here' box on the right hand side, pointing to the browse button.

3. Once you click browse, it will open up the explorer on your computer. Go through the explorer and locate the picture file that you are having trouble loading and double click the file name.

4. Now that the file is loaded, click 'Continue'.

5. It will now show you your picture in it's actual size. It is set by default to take the pic to 50% of it's original size, which works great for ODT.

6. Scroll to the bottom and click, 'I'm done, resize my picture.'

7. Click on 'Save to Disk'. This will save your new picture file to wherever your browser is set up to store downloaded items; usually in your 'Downloads' folder.

Note: The new file will retain the same file name as the orginal file, but now be prefixed with rsz_yourFileNameHere.jpg

If you have any issues, feel free to text and I'll help in any way that I can.

If you use this and it works for you, please leave comments in the thread so that other people can see. Thanks and good luck.

Dustin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom