• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

you gonna get the vaccine?

Fixed the bias for ya... Take the "vaccine" if you feel it necessary, but trying to convince others based on your perception of risk won't help any more than that cloth mask you wear.

Wrong. We don't know that. We just know that the trials were tested under those parameters.

Have you or are you going to take the vaccine?

I was on the fence but leaning towards not getting the vaccine. But then I heard that about 60% in the hospital systems and 60% nationally are not going to take the vaccine. That means we cannot achieve any kind of herd immunity. Which means that if you don't get the vaccine you will eventually get Covid. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not next year. But sooner or later you will.

I took the vaccine yesterday.

I was on the fence but leaning towards not getting the vaccine. But then I heard that about 60% in the hospital systems and 60% nationally are not going to take the vaccine. That means we cannot achieve any kind of herd immunity. Which means that if you don't get the vaccine you will eventually get Covid. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not next year. But sooner or later you will.

I took the vaccine yesterday.
Thank you for answering instead of assuming I was being rude. I've taken the flu shot for 30+ years and really want just my annual flu vaccine and I'm over due the pneumonia vaccine but that one is expensive. I'm not taking the c19 vaccine until I see the results in a year or 3..

Wrong. We don't know that. We just know that the trials were tested under those parameters.

Can you elaborate on these trials and the actual parameters they were tested on? Also if this vaccine is able to reduce the chance of contacting Covid to "pretty close to zero" does this mean that the mask and social distancing thing will be gone since those that take the "vaccine" are no longer at risk?

Still nope. 99.96% survival rate if you do get Covid. I know folks who have had it. Whole families and they are back on the mend now.

Another thing to consider is the rumor mill (I know, I know) about what is exactly in the shot.... I have heard heavy metals (which are also present in the flu shot), embryonic stem cells, and the possibility of sterility. No thanks.

Medical trials normally take years to unfold for new meds. This has been around 8 months (warp speed...). Not enough time for me. Can't cure the cold or allergies or flu, but by God we are gonna save your life from a 99.96% survivable flu strain. Riiiiiight..............

One more thing are reports going out of folks feeling so bad after the shot that medical professionals are concerned they won't come back for the "booster" at the 21 day mark. That woman passed out in Chattanooga on camera when they were showing how harmless the shot was.......Riiiiiight......

Can you elaborate on these trials and the actual parameters they were tested on? Also if this vaccine is able to reduce the chance of contacting Covid to "pretty close to zero" does this mean that the mask and social distancing thing will be gone since those that take the "vaccine" are no longer at risk?

Great question.

Short version:
To get the best evidence whether the vaccine worked, they took a bunch of people and injected them with vaccine. At the same time they took a bunch of people and injected them with placebo (fake vaccine that was just water). But you didn't know if you got the real vaccine or the fake vaccine. So it would have been unethical to tell everyone they can stop masking/hand washing etc because they got the vaccine because 1/2 the people didn't get it and would be completely exposed.

So everyone had to continue social distancing. That does NOT mean that vaccine doesn't work without masks / social distancing, it just means the study had to be designed in that way to be ethical.
There are a lot of things about the vaccine we don't know. Like how long immunity lasts, or if there are any long term side effects etc. We do however know that the people who go the vaccine had a much lower chance of getting Covid.

But here is the kicker: People who got the vaccine had a much much much lower chance of getting Covid so badly that lands them in the hospital on a breathing machine. In the Moderna trial it was ZERO.

Longer version.
The trials were conducted with what is called the "gold standard" design (randomized double-blinded placebo controlled.) That is the best scientific methodology because it removes every single variable except the one being tested. So the groups you are comparing (cohorts) must be identical in every way possible so one can rule out that any other differences between groups caused differences in the outcome. Cohorts are matched for age, sex, underlying disease, race, family medical history etc etc etc.

So all other parameters including behavioral like mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing had to be kept exactly the same or one couldn't figure out whether what you were testing for (primary endpoint) was really the difference.

Double-blinded means that not only did the people getting the vaccine/placebo not know which one they got, to avoid any hint that may affect their behavior which would effect the outcome, not even the people giving them the vaccine/placebo knew what was in the vial they were injecting into the volunteers.

the way i would feel sure it is real is to make the folks in power give the shots to their grandkids first.

When Romans built bridges (many of which are still standing today), the people who built the bridges had to stand under them while the first carts rolled across.

Meanwhile our congress exempts themselves from every law they pass.

Back
Top Bottom