Y'all "Lord's Chicken" folks hurry on over to Cauli-fil-A and let us know how you like it.

danny-de-vito-no.gif

I have never seen the big deal about chick filet.....overpriced dry do nothing chicken sandwiches with a line around the block to get one......no thanks.
BAM! There it is! Truth bomb incoming. Chic Filet is always surrounded by uppity white bitches in New Four Runners and Suburbans waiting for their little booger eaters nuggets and holding up traffic. **** em!

I find it really curious why so many people are threatened by this. Do I want to try it? Maybe, but it's not skin off my back. It's not like they're going to stop serving chicken...
If this was McDonald's or Burger King we would all shrug our shoulders and say " So what?" But this is a GA based company that most Southern folks supported when the CEO caught hell about gay marriage comments and the media was calling it "Hate Chicken". Seriously...Hate Chicken. So everyone went out of their way to support them in the face of cancel culture. And then...not that long after that the same diarrhea mouthed CEO said some stupid **** about white folks needing to apologize to black folks for racism. Wow! What a broad brush blanket statement to just throw out there. And NOW... they're trying to cater to limp wristed EV driving soy boy types that ain't going to Chic Filet no matter what they serve. This is a lot like NASCAR trying to cater to the urban audience. They're never coming to a race or spending a ****ing dime on NASCAR. And once they tried this really stupid **** they alienated the loyal fans they already had.
And on top of all that...I can get in and out of Zaxby's quicker and cheaper with chicken that's at least as good and better to ME.

Ok, but hear me out. In my other role as a corporate monkey, I've had the pleasure (and displeasure) of frequenting various restaurants/bars. There is a place in Alpharetta that serves cauliflower wings for those that blew in from the left coast. Well, in my focused conversation mode, I was chatting with a colleague and reached for what I thought was a chicken wing. It was not....at first my mouth rang the alarm to tell me something about this chicken wasn't right. The texture is obviously not the same. But it honestly wasn't bad after your brain comprehends the mess you just got yourself in.

Now if you put a plate of cauliflower down and a plate of actual chicken wings in front of me, obviously I won't choose the plate that has the food my food eats. But for those that don't eat meat but still want to fit in, I guess it's a choice. It's like drinking NA beer.

I've had them, they're alright.

I'll be back in the lowcountry around that time. I'll try one and post an AAR.
As promised, I'm in the Holy City this week and made my way over to the CFA and tried the sandwich. Overall, it's about what I expected. Texturally, it's a bit of a moving target. The floret end of the "filet" of cauliflower is a bit mushy after frying...so that first bite is a bit of an indeterminate "mush." Once you progress past the floret and into the stalk, the texture becomes much more satisfying with the bite and crunch you would expect. The breading is a bit spicier than the regular breading. More heat...I assume red pepper to make up for the relative blandness that is cauliflower. You definitely know that you are not eating chicken but the cauliflower notes are very mild. A solid sandwich, I'm just not sure what the market or target audience is. It's not vegan or vegetarian....oh, and get this....it's two whole dollars more than a chicken sandwich. That irritated me. Overall, I enjoyed it. Would recommend. :thumb:
PXL_20230403_173631042~2.jpg
PXL_20230403_172644210.jpg
PXL_20230403_172717920.jpg

Back
Top Bottom