• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

XD45C issue, help

erkinator

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
Smiling Handyman
120   0
Reaction score
Recently bought compact version. I have 2 - 10 round mags and 2 hi cap mags.Love the gun, shoots well no issues. Then one day I pulled it out to show a friend and went to clear it and release button would not push in, and would not eject the 10 round mag. Finally, I pushed up on the mag and it let go.Scratching my head I put in the large mag and no issue. Then I tried an empty 10 round mag and no problem. Only when 10 round mag is full, does the eject button stick. I have to push up hard on it to get the thing out. It has a pinky extension on it .I made sure it was on correctly but still have the issue.

Anyone else have this issue or ideas on a fix? HAte to lose the pinky extension.

Mine is hard to release when full as well. You should still be able to do, it's just hard. And like you said, it gets easier if you apply pressure to the bottom of the mag.

I personally still run it like that. You won't need to eject your full mag in a gunfight unless something crazy happens after you fire your first round.

Alternatively, you can try running one round short in your mag.

As the above post alludes to when the mag. is completely full it requires more pressure to seat fully so therefore there is more pressure against the mag. release. When you press up on the bottom of the mag. you are relieving the pressure so it is easier to release.

It just caught me off guard that it would be that hard. When empty it literally drops out so that the positive part. Other thing is, the large cap mags do not have the issue.Not a deal breaker just never had the issue with my Glocks....lol

The Glock ten round mags for the full size guns are hard to load, but eject well.

Try loading the ten rounders to capacity and just let them sit a couple of weeks. They may loosen up.

Back
Top Bottom