• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTH?

Thanks for posting, it's why having someone show a 21+ GDL or GWL as proof, helps me Cover My........Like I'm sure most of us do.

That has always pissed me off. In '68 they were drafting and training us to go to Nam to kill or be killed and yet we were unable to buy a beer. Did get some 3.2 beer once, should have saved my money and drank water. :(

+1 Yep, getting drafted during the Vietnam era was really something; you could "own" assorted weapons, but couldn't buy a beer or get a loan without an "adult" co-signer.

Wasn't the drinking age 18 then? I know it was in the late 70s and early 80s, they moved it up one year at a time in the mid 80s.

Luke

I'll say this much. I bought my first handgun at the age of 20, ftf private sale. When I purchased my first handgun, a ruger LCP, I had 15 years in firearm handling experience, formal and informal gun safety training, Numerous time spent at Public ranges and shooting on private property. When I purchased my first pistol, I knew how to respect a firearm dearly. At the same time, I did numerous things to cover my ass. I spent HOURS researching the state constitution in regards to me buying handgun, posessing my handgun, carrying my handgun in my vehicle and place of work, and kept copy of those sections in my glove box along with the federal laws concerning handgun ownership. To go a step above that, I contacted My local sherrifs office, stopped by the city police office, and called the state BATFE to get confirmation from all three. When I called to inquire about the handgun, I was very respectful towards the older gentleman, was very mature in our conversations, and arranged to meet in a public area. His wife was the one who sold me the handgun, so I kindly asked her to verify the safe condition of the firearm, shook her hand, was respectful towards her, and we drew up a bill of sale (My idea) so they had proof they no longer had posession of the gun incase I was some nut job and did something stupid with it, and at the same time for my protection incase police stopped me I had proof that I bought it and didn't steal it (lots of teens were stealing guns and **** in certain areas of my hometown). I had 2 police encounters carrying before I was 21, the first was a highway patrolman who thought he seen an out of date inspection sticker on my car. I was polite to him from the start, informed him of my firearm and told him it was in the ashtray compartment of my taurus. He asked to see it because it was a peculiar spot for a gun and knew it had to be small, long story short, he had a p3at and wanted to handle my lcp to see how it compared. Said have a nice day and that was it. Then again I pulled over because a cop thought I was running a road block at night, breathalyzed me, searched my car, and freaked when I had a gun and were convinced it was illegal. I calmly informed the officers of the EXACT code that allowed me to both posess and carry the handgun in my car and upon his confirmation let me go.

But this kid acts highly immature in the way he approaches buying a gun, granted it may be legal for me to do so, but he doesnt show the maturity for me to give him this kind of power.

Meatwadttm:457984 said:
I'll say this much. I bought my first handgun at the age of 20, ftf private sale. When I purchased my first handgun, a ruger LCP, I had 15 years in firearm handling experience, formal and informal gun safety training, Numerous time spent at Public ranges and shooting on private property. When I purchased my first pistol, I knew how to respect a firearm dearly. At the same time, I did numerous things to cover my ass. I spent HOURS researching the state constitution in regards to me buying handgun, posessing my handgun, carrying my handgun in my vehicle and place of work, and kept copy of those sections in my glove box along with the federal laws concerning handgun ownership. To go a step above that, I contacted My local sherrifs office, stopped by the city police office, and called the state BATFE to get confirmation from all three. When I called to inquire about the handgun, I was very respectful towards the older gentleman, was very mature in our conversations, and arranged to meet in a public area. His wife was the one who sold me the handgun, so I kindly asked her to verify the safe condition of the firearm, shook her hand, was respectful towards her, and we drew up a bill of sale (My idea) so they had proof they no longer had posession of the gun incase I was some nut job and did something stupid with it, and at the same time for my protection incase police stopped me I had proof that I bought it and didn't steal it (lots of teens were stealing guns and **** in certain areas of my hometown). I had 2 police encounters carrying before I was 21, the first was a highway patrolman who thought he seen an out of date inspection sticker on my car. I was polite to him from the start, informed him of my firearm and told him it was in the ashtray compartment of my taurus. He asked to see it because it was a peculiar spot for a gun and knew it had to be small, long story short, he had a p3at and wanted to handle my lcp to see how it compared. Said have a nice day and that was it. Then again I pulled over because a cop thought I was running a road block at night, breathalyzed me, searched my car, and freaked when I had a gun and were convinced it was illegal. I calmly informed the officers of the EXACT code that allowed me to both posess and carry the handgun in my car and upon his confirmation let me go.

But this kid acts highly immature in the way he approaches buying a gun, granted it may be legal for me to do so, but he doesnt show the maturity for me to give him this kind of power.

Can we pitch in and buy an ergo keyboard for Meat? Otherwise he is going to get carpal tunnel from typing. Haha

Meatwadttm:458031 said:
Can we pitch in and buy an ergo keyboard for Meat? Otherwise he is going to get carpal tunnel from typing. Haha

Already got it.....
not from typing...
and an ergo keyboard is just gonna get sticky like the last 5 i've had b4 going to the nsfw section.

Haha wow now I really regret making that comment.