• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WOW. And we wonder why we get bad raps sometimes.....

dmoulder_1

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
"I stated that I would require a drivers license number on a bill of sale. I will also gain permission from the individual to run that information. I am in law enforcement and I have the ability to run someone's information and background with their permission. So, if they want my weapon, then they must have a clean record because I am not going to allow my state weapon to fall into the hands of a criminal bud."

From another ODT'r in law enforcement wanting to illegally run someone's license or criminal history prior to a firearms sale. WTH. LOL Whatever...

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_02_1b373eadd649760343a6c4187e6d5519.jpg

yeah, heck with that.

What about all the LEO trade ins that are sold at local shops around the area.......then re-sold down the road to numerous people in private sales.
It sounds like a fishing expedition for someone looking to commit an illegal background check, get your home address for a robbery, or steal your identity.

Even if he is trying to sell his state weapon that he purchased, he can't illegally run someone's history. I politely asked him on his gun for sale page how he would go about running someone's driver's history. That's the response I got. I then politely responded that I was a 14 year veteran of law enforcement, and that if he was in fact a trooper, he would know he was breaking the law. LOL he even called me BUD. Too funny.

His email to me:

Hey bud,

Here are a few photos of the gun. I erased the thread cause a good bit of people were giving me grief about running people's information. I am not going to run someone's information as I know that is against the law. It is a "scare tactic" to keep people that do not need a weapon away (felons, crazies, etc.). I will require a bill of sale though with your information and signature on it because I do not want something to happen and the gun come back in my name. Having a paper trail is always safe. If you have any further questions just let me know! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom