Worst way to spend a friday?

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
So for a couple weeks I thought my car battery had been going kaput on me. Been having slow starts and a struggle to start. I ruled it as cold/bad battery, considering it was cold and the car was an older car. So yesterday, it struggles worse to start, and leaving work I damn near was going to have to get a jump (wouldn't have done any good) but luckily, it fired up. Text the wife, tell her I'm getting a new battery. Well as I'm nearing the advanced by the house (a 5 minute drive), I see jiffy lube and I realize damn, I'm over due for an oil change. Instead of heading straight to advancesmd, getting a new battery and having old one tested, then getting stuff to change oil, I'm like he'll, ill pay someone to do it because I can sit in the heat while my car gets serviced. Well, the Guy comes up to me after all is done asking if I've been having hard starts, even he thinks its the battery. So they pull a Dodge ram around, and try for 15 minutes using two different sets of jumper cables, Ans still, no luck. After closer inspection, my starter has kaput. Had to push it out of the bay and call my father in law. Luckily, the advanced is on my father in laws way, and its where jiffylube orders some of their parts from. The same starter that would have cost me 140+core I got for 110$, so big thanks to him using his discount as opposed to me having to pay full price. Because of that, til I find reason not to, ill gladly pay them to service my car within reasonable cost (less its much cheaper for me to do it). Luckily being an electrician has taught me to leave a pair of carhartt coveralls and a fleece jacket in my car, because when they arrived around 6:30, it was fugging cold! Got the old one out and the new one in in about an hour with my, my 16 year old brother and father in law all working together on it, and thankfully it fired right up. Took em out to the dwarf house right next to us as a thank you, and after returning the core, finally made it home around 8:15. I just thank God my starter went out 15 minutes from the house as opposed to briarcliff road where they would had to fight downtown Atlanta traffic, took me an hour and a half to drive 30 miles..

Anyways, rant over, moral of the story, keep warm clothes in your car, and pay close attention to your battery and starter this winter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom