• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst recoiling gun you've shot.

1st. Old lightweight 7mm mag mountain rifle I had. Sold that MoFo after I put a box of 175 grainers through it!

2nd. A ported custom lightweight marlin guide gun I had in 450 marlin.

3rd. H&R topper with a 3.5” slug in it!

A Ruger 44 Magnum was pretty stout. But a single shot 12ga with 3" 00 buck shells was probably the worst. One box of 5 shells was enough for me to say, "Okay, now I know."
My Dad inherited my Grandfather's single shot 12ga. 30" barrel. My Dad shot the 2 3/4" high brass in it. At 6-1 and no little guy, it bruised his shoulder black and blue every time he shot it. I remembered that as a kid. So I was in my early 20s before I had my first 12ga. I bought a Mossberg 500. Shot that gun well over 1000rds.

I've owned pistol gripped pump guns off and on since I was a teenager. When you're expecting it I guess it's not so bad. But the worst kicking one I have is a Shockwave 12 gauge. Even low brass birdshot sucks to shoot out of it. I dig owning it but it's really more about the looks than practical use.
OpSol mini clip and 1 3/4” shells. That’ll get you loving that Shockwave.. Plus you get a couple more rounds capacity in the tube.

30-06. Don't remember the model. Some guy brought two different ones in to the range I worked at a couple years ago and left them there for us to sight in the scopes. This was surprisingly not an uncommon practice.

The first one I sighted in wasn't bad at all. No issues whatsoever.

The second one was absolutely ridiculously terrible, despite being heavier. Same ammo as the first one, from the same box. One shot was all it took and I never wanted to shoot that gun again. But I had to and my shoulder was bruised for at least a week.

Serbu Super-Shorty​

IMG_0186.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom