• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst recoiling gun you've shot.

Winchester 70 in 338 mag ! It was tougher than my 375 H&H and 458 win mag ! Don’t understand why but it kicks something awful! It broke 2 rear scope ring mounts before I changed to duel dovetail Burris steel rings and bases. I just look at it now and leave it in vault.

I had a Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 for over 45 yrs and it kicked the hell out of me..Hated to sight it in every year before deer season..Nice thing was when I would take a deer down, I don't remember the kick..
My Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 is a nightmare. It's a 80s model blue steel with high gloss wood stock. It has a 1/8 inch solid plastic butt pad or cover I should say. When I shoot that gun I have a bruise on my shoulder and you can see the word Remington stamped on my shoulder. I love the gun and the looks but I don't dare take it to the range. That bastard will punish you. In the grand scope of things it really not a super caliber but it hurts to shoot. I do not enjoy shooting that gun. That's the key reason it only has a couple boxes of ammo run through it. It's a safe queen and it's going to stay there unless I get lucky enough to be picked for the Virginia elk lottery.

Double Tap Defense derringer in 45acp.
All aluminum frame, ported barrels even and it’s
still very unpleasant to shoot. Because of
the ergonomics/grip shape, all
the recoil goes directly to the center
of your palm, like a hit from a
ball peen hammer.

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 8
I'm not recoil sensitive but out of all the guns I've owned or shot, the worst recoiling guns that come to mind. Mossberg 835 with heavy weight turkey loads. I cringe even when shooting at a turkey with this beast. I think I've dislodged some vertabra shooting this gun. Second Remington 600 carbine in 350 rem Mag. From a standing position not too bad. From a bench the recoil shocks my bones like a tuning fork welded by Thor. I think continual firing would cause multiple myeloma. I've got a 458 wm, 416 Rigby and a 375 HH mag that don't hurt as much as these two.
So what gun do you not looking forward to shoot or have decided never again?
Sited in a 350 rem a while back for a friend…had a pretty good punch.

Back
Top Bottom