• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wolf spider or no

I dreamed joro spiders took over my house last night an now this thread.

I hate freakin spiders !
download.jpeg

Here’s a mama wolf and a bunch of babies that I got out of the pool yesterday.
When I was young, I found one like that (don't recall what type of spider, but with babies - I didn't know that), in my tent while I was camping. Made the mistake of swatting it rather than taking it outside.
Baby spiders everywhere! Not a good night's sleep.

I believe its a Tree Spider. I was setting on the porch with a girlfriend I went out with for a while and Aragon. The porch light wasn't on but there was just enough light coming to the windows that I looked up at what I thought was just a big knot in the lumber in the ceiling of the porch. It wasn't till I looked up and saw the knot in a different place that I was concerned. I went in and turned the porch light on and noticed it was a spider that had a leg span of about 6 in. I freaked out, there ain't much I'm afraid of but spiders are one of them. I'm not afraid of getting bit I'm just afraid of their ugliness and creepiness.

It was a couple years later that we were fishing on the bank and I saw about a 3-in long lime green worm about the diameter of your middle finger dangling from the tree. I asked myself how's that sticking on the tree if it's just hanging by the front. So I tried to maneuver around and get a good look at it and there was a one of those big freaking spiders again. Gigantic! I couldn't believe my eyes that I actually saw another one that big. I believe they live in trees and eat caterpillars and worms and such. I can tell you one thing I don't get close to those things cuz they just creep me out something fierce.

I was on the back porch with my wife one night and she was commenting on the grass and how it "sparkled". I told her everywhere she saw a sparkle was a set of spider eyes. She didn't believe me, so I took out my flashlight and flashed an area perpendicular. I found a set and told her to walk to it, and sure enough there was a Huntsman spider just sitting there. We have an acre of land and there must have been a couple hundred set of eyes. She doesn't walk outside after dark now.

I was on the back porch with my wife one night and she was commenting on the grass and how it "sparkled". I told her everywhere she saw a sparkle was a set of spider eyes. She didn't believe me, so I took out my flashlight and flashed an area perpendicular. I found a set and told her to walk to it, and sure enough there was a Huntsman spider just sitting there. We have an acre of land and there must have been a couple hundred set of eyes. She doesn't walk outside after dark now.
You could set fire to that land. No one would blame you.

Back
Top Bottom