• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Winchester model 67 FINISHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
So I picked up this old Winchester model 67. I think in its day it was some keys favorite 22 workhorse judging by the wood. It has a lot of small chips and dings.

So I decided I was going to refinish it and show some of the grain. You just don see 22's with wood like this anymore. Now the metal on the rifle has some pitting and use marks also. I decided to strip off the old finish but not try and cover up all the old character marks since the metal will not be perfect. So here is he stock before stripping with citristrip. Dark and grungy.

Last edited:
After the stripper I gave it a good wash in the sink and let it dry. This is pics of the stock after 45 minutes of sanding with 220 grit paper. I did try to remove some of the marks so it would show the grain better. And also feted to sand out as much of the oil stained wood as possible since it tends to go black when refinishing. And then another heavy was down.

And here is coat #4 on the forearm area. Still have a way to go with it. And the little hole is where the pin goes to hold the trigger. True oil is still a bit tacky to the touch in these pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom