• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

will a ceramic paint protector help?

For what it's worth, my son has a mobile detailing business and operates between Blue Ridge and the Canton area. He does that. His vehicle is totally self sufficient and does not require you to have water or power. His name is Richard and can be reached at 706-669-7111
Richard has come out to the house and done a complete wash and wax and did a fine job.

Do it yourself, kit is around 200. Done all mine myself. Key is the prep, buff and touch up before you apply the coating. Takes you some hours to do but not bad. I’ve got touch up paint and can mix you some touch up if near jasper
Ravic Ravic Good suggestion, but I would rather pay someone to do it right than screw it up and have to spend a couple of days on the couch with pain meds.

My wife had it done on her Durango. GTechniq was the product. Well worth the investment and super easy to wash. She has had tar on the rockers and clean up was a breeze.

Most of those DYI things are just gimmicks. A good carnuba wax job will protect the paint just as good as anything will. Even the wax they spray at the car wash is just a chemical that repels and beads water. Just another way to relieve you if your hard earned dollar. Remember the old saying " If it sounds too good to be true " well it probably isn't. Especially those kits that have 19 different steps to complete. A major waste of money. The clay bar jobs work because they do pick up contaminates but after that a good hand wax is just as good. Same with furniture, gun stock wax and related items. The wax offers a UV protection and slicks the surface up to resist small scratches and debris. I heard that straight from the horses mouth.

I’ve had one car done with ceramic, years back for I think around $250-300. The guy spent almost 8 hrs on it, wash, clay bar, wash, wash, then sealed. It was the easiest car to keep clean that I have ever had. It was well worth the investment in my opinion.
It may have been a good buy, but it was an expense, not an investment. This is a common mistake people make when trying to justify a purchase.

1689110979690.gif

Most of those DYI things are just gimmicks. A good carnuba wax job will protect the paint just as good as anything will. Even the wax they spray at the car wash is just a chemical that repels and beads water. Just another way to relieve you if your hard earned dollar. Remember the old saying " If it sounds too good to be true " well it probably isn't. Especially those kits that have 19 different steps to complete. A major waste of money. The clay bar jobs work because they do pick up contaminates but after that a good hand wax is just as good. Same with furniture, gun stock wax and related items. The wax offers a UV protection and slicks the surface up to resist small scratches and debris. I heard that straight from the horses mouth.
There is nothing wrong with wax it is just weak and short lived - show cars still use wax. Most thing we see at autozone called wax are synthetic polymers, they use This to make them stronger. Ceramics are not a gimmick I promise you that is true ceramics, there are some companies that like to use the word ceramic like the mall cops use the word tactical. True ceramics do last a long time and even though they are 60 to 300 per ounce they are cheaper than wax if you do it yourself. Buy from a detail supply shop instead of auto zone fyi. If you need a analogy the gun nut in all of us can understand compare a Daniel defense to a polymer ATI ar15 , well I know which one all of us will prefer.

There is nothing wrong with wax it is just weak and short lived - show cars still use wax. Most thing we see at autozone called wax are synthetic polymers, they use This to make them stronger. Ceramics are not a gimmick I promise you that is true ceramics, there are some companies that like to use the word ceramic like the mall cops use the word tactical. True ceramics do last a long time and even though they are 60 to 300 per ounce they are cheaper than wax if you do it yourself. Buy from a detail supply shop instead of auto zone fyi. If you need a analogy the gun nut in all of us can understand compare a Daniel defense to a polymer ATI ar15 , well I know which one all of us will prefer.
Exactly. A true ceramic job aint no $100. Guy I know that does it has some clients with $100K plus vehicles that have it done. Good analogy on the AR lol

Back
Top Bottom