• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

will a ceramic paint protector help?

Grub Master

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
I can’t park in the garage and my car is covered with this black sap. It’s not easy to get off and I‘m wondering if I get it cleaned up will a ceramic coating make it easier to clean in the future. Also any suggestions on how to get it off and where to get a ceramic coat.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 18
A professional job isn't cheap, but if it's a nice vehicle with good paint it will save you for sure. A true professional job includes decontamination of the paint, paint correction ect.. then your choice of quality coating. Even if you thought you'd trade the car in in 2 years, get a 3 yr coating. I know a guy that does it and he's an accredited installer in which the coating can be listed on your cars carfax and bump value up a little as well

I’ve had one car done with ceramic, years back for I think around $250-300. The guy spent almost 8 hrs on it, wash, clay bar, wash, wash, then sealed. It was the easiest car to keep clean that I have ever had. It was well worth the investment in my opinion.

Yes ceramic is the best most stuff won’t stick to it to start with and the stuff that make its way either comes off easier or use strong cleaner it will come off if you use a cleaner on wax or sealant it will take the coating off, you also wash a lot less because the de will settle and when you drive away it will take the dust with the droplets

For what it's worth, my son has a mobile detailing business and operates between Blue Ridge and the Canton area. He does that. His vehicle is totally self sufficient and does not require you to have water or power. His name is Richard and can be reached at 706-669-7111

Back
Top Bottom