• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WiFi in your trail camera

smokymtnsmoke

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
91   0
Reaction score
Due to some resent neighborhood burglaries I've been researching some inexpensive camera options for me and my neighbors. In my search I looked for Trail cameras with WiFi so picture could be retrieved without wires or SD card removal. I came across this little jewel http://www.eye.fi/

So I found one at my local Best Buy, followed the instructions and it works as advertised in my point and shoot Kodak 10MP camera. I also picked up a WildGame Innovations Trail camera Model # N8DED but it will not reorganize the EYE.fi SD WiFi card. Grrrrrrr! So now I'm of to get a HomeBrew built trail came.

It would be cool to be able to retrieve your pics from your trail cam without having to disturb the camera to get the sd card.

I just wanted to throw this out there for others searching for a similar idea.

Thoughts?

the SD card has a WIFI chip in it. I just set mine up per the simple instructions. It walks you through connecting it your WiFi network. Loaded the Eye-fi card in my Kodak 10MP camera, took a pic and boom it loads over to my desktop, which was chosen during the setup. Now it it would work in trail cameras, I could see where you could use your laptop to get the pics from the sd card in the TC with out having to disturb the camera site. Not sure of distance but prolly up to 200-500 feet depending on foliage cover, signal strength.

Back
Top Bottom