• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife and I are planning another trip to Yellowstone

We've been there about 15 times over there years and 4 times for snowmobiling in the winter. It truly is one our favorite plaves on earth. We were there about this time last year but now that my wife can no longer walk due to MS, I doubt we can visit again but who knows. Enjoy you time out there.

Question for those who have been. My in-laws have suggested we go for spring break. But would Yellowstone be a good destination for someone who has trouble getting around? My father-in-law has two bad knees and back issues that come and go. I can't see him hiking much and horseback riding is definitely out. He is not much of a fisherman. We'd be traveling in April. Would there be enough to see and do as a group, or will he be spending his time in the room with a good book (Which may be perfectly fine for him).

Went to Alaska last year,really liked Yellowstone better,we bought a cheap cooler put it in the back of the rental car and filled it with meat,cheese,bread and ate lunch beside a different stream everyday.Went to Cody, Wyoming,Garner,Montana,down to Jackson Hole,it was awesome.

Last edited:
Question for those who have been. My in-laws have suggested we go for spring break. But would Yellowstone be a good destination for someone who has trouble getting around? My father-in-law has two bad knees and back issues that come and go. I can't see him hiking much and horseback riding is definitely out. He is not much of a fisherman. We'd be traveling in April. Would there be enough to see and do as a group, or will he be spending his time in the room with a good book (Which may be perfectly fine for him).
I,ve got bad knees too,but getting around is really easy,you can drive just about everywhere,the things y'all will want to do most of the time don't require a lot of walking,lots of pulloffs to watch for wildlife.I had no problems.
We were there the end of aug thru the first of sept.(7 days) the weather was great,not too hot and not to cold,60's during the day upper 30's at night.
We stayed in West Yellowstone, Montana( less than a mile from the park entrance)not as many people in the park that time of year.

We've been there about 15 times over there years and 4 times for snowmobiling in the winter. It truly is one our favorite plaves on earth. We were there about this time last year but now that my wife can no longer walk due to MS, I doubt we can visit again but who knows. Enjoy you time out there.

Thanks,I'll say a prayer for you and your wife,I hope y'all do go again.

The bride and I were headed that way May 1st - 15. Had the rental car reserved, route planned, motel reservations made. Planned on hitting Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore and sites around there with a quick stop in Branson, MO on the way home (just because). All stuff cancelled now cause of COVID-19. Thinking October now.

The bride and I were headed that way May 1st - 15. Had the rental car reserved, route planned, motel reservations made. Planned on hitting Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore and sites around there with a quick stop in Branson, MO on the way home (just because). All stuff cancelled now cause of COVID-19. Thinking October now.
I've never been but the fall has got to be the most spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom