• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife and I are planning another trip to Yellowstone

I'll be curious when the media starts reporting on the shutdown of National Parks like they did during the federal government 'shutdown'.

Wife and I have been to Alaska,Wyoming,Montana,all in Sept. weather couldn't have been better,not as many people....cool nights (30's), warm days (60s)
Both of our trips to Alaska were beginning of spring. While the weather was beautiful, and landscape awe inspiring, I'm sure the landscape would be even more impressive in the fall.

Wife and I have been to Alaska,Wyoming,Montana,all in Sept. weather couldn't have been better,not as many people....cool nights (30's), warm days (60s)
I've been to the North West and Canadian Rockies many times during the last 2 weeks of September. Elk are in rut and the aspens are golden. Always had good weather. Saw a fiberglass sided RV with a big gash in the side of it as the result of a big bull elk in rut

I did the same thing a few years back. Started in Red Lodge and them over the pass into Cook City... few days in the park. Awesome
In 72, there was a guy up on that pass, had herd of sheep and living out of a covered wagon. Place still had a wild, unsettled look about it. Not an oriental in sight. Lots of forign folks at all the national parks anymore.

I have been there in every season and the one time I was there in October was awesome. Much less people and the elk may be in rut. It's great to hear them bugling and watch them charge at tourists and cars that don't know better.[/
I have been there in every season and the one time I was there in October was awesome. Much less people and the elk may be in rut. It's great to hear them bugling and watch them charge at tourists and cars that don't know better.
I has the privilege of going to Yellowstone with Ben and Brenda in my new 1978 Ford F-150 GUS GUZZLER. We were in our 20s then and basically drove straight though to Denver. Seeing the Rocky Mountains and then on to Yellowstone is still so vivid in my mind and it’s been about 40 years ago now.I am grateful I got share this experience with Ben and Brenda.Everyone should try to see Yellowstone.I hope to share this trip with my family.

Back
Top Bottom